If the UFC is so unfair to the fighters

From a career perspective, you will bet your chances on dana or on this Leslie Smith dude?

Almost all fighters are easily replaceable when UFC concentrate on building their brand over fighters. Then, when you get the odd fighter who isn't replaceable, like Conor, it comes out that one of his demands for his next fight is that he is the only person on the card to get a ppv share. Good luck with the union.

UFC isn't that bad. Would like to see the lower tier fighters make more. Hard to work full time and train UFC. Now who needs a Union is the Bellator Fighters that make $250/250. That is just pathetic.

The top earners don't need it, the low end guys probably risk being cut. At least that's the way I see it.

I like my lower tier fighters to leave the organization with a smack on the ass and a concussion

Almost all fighters are easily replaceable when UFC concentrate on building their brand over fighters. Then, when you get the odd fighter who isn't replaceable, like Conor, it comes out that one of his demands for his next fight is that he is the only person on the card to get a ppv share. Good luck with the union.
Conor is fucking replaceable. He's fading into obscurity as we speak. Will there be great fanfare if he comes back? Absolutely. But it will probably people wanting him to get his head caved in and fuck off for good.
Everybody is replaceable.
1518577179885.jpg

I think Sherdog did a story on this a while ago. Something about fighters legally considered to be independent contractors and therefore ineligible to form a union.

I think Leslie smith was just trying to unite her ear.

The business is what it is and in most states it’s lucky to even be sanctioned. Unless you got what it takes to entertain then nobody cares about you. You gotta build your own brand and promote yourself.

Some fighters get the job done.

Some better than others.

Platinum Bless.

Conor is fucking replaceable. He's fading into obscurity as we speak. Will there be great fanfare if he comes back? Absolutely. But it will probably people wanting him to get his head caved in and fuck off for good.
Everybody is replaceable.
View attachment 339969
I could replace my Dyson vacuum with a straw, that doesn't make it the same. Yes, everyone is replaceable, but can the replacement perform like the original?

I could replace my Dyson vacuum with a straw, that doesn't make it the same. Yes, everyone is replaceable, but can the replacement perform like the original?
In order to perform, he'd actually have to fight. The sport will move on and a new star will emerge.

People who complain about fighter pay being unfair but torrent mma fights have no right to talk.

Support the sport at the grassroots level not just at UFC level.

People who complain about fighter pay being unfair but torrent mma fights have no right to talk.

Support the sport at the grassroots level not just at UFC level.

You have a point.

It's either everyone goes, or no one goes.

Why are GSP, Joanna J, and Shogun against a fighters' union?

Because strikes make them tap.

Then how come the fighters never really join all the fighters union?
Just the other day Leslie Smith tried to make a union and no one joined lol
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/...r-driven-effort-to-get-ufc-athletes-unionized

Ordinary rank and file fighters in UFC will be putting themselves out on a limb by joining a union.
Contenders might be leery of joining not to lose out on a title shot.
Some big established stars like GSP, Cain have joined up. They have less to lose and aren't terrified about not being able to pay the rent on time.
The UFC is definitely worried about this since they have spent alot of money on lawyers and probably also to internet shills/trolls.

Back