If Stephens KO's Edgar senseless, would he suddenly become a draw?

No.

That doesn't matter to anybody but fight fans. Nobody cares about Frankie outside MMA.

Yeah but none of the casuals even got Stephen's name.

They'll just know him as who da fook is dat guy :D

You can't become a draw like dat.

Good thing they have pictures of fighter faces on event posters+cards :)

Another fighter that i'll always support and watch is neil seery. He brings it everytime and that's all I care about.

He's not known as 'the guy who said he KOs people' lol...

he's known as 'who the fuck is that?' guy who got humiliated and swept under the rug.

Is TJ a bigger draw because of the "snake in de grass" bullshit? I don't think it's that simple.
He probably is. He needed to take the momentum and go with it, he didn't. Stephens can because he's a 145 lb

giphy.gif

Anyone who follows MMA is very much interested in watching Jeremy Stephens fight, and has been for a very long time.

He's not known as 'the guy who said he KOs people' lol...

he's known as 'who the fuck is that?' guy who got humiliated and swept under the rug.

Yes. If you have absolutely no idea about MMA and only live under Conor's nuts....

No. These new fans that Conor attracts don't care about the fighting. They just care for the talking. And love to talk themselfes despite having minimal understanding of what is going on.

If Conor stopped talking trash today he would lose half of his drawing power in no time.

I mean, thousands of casuals watched that press conference. Stephens-McGregor vid went absolutely viral.... Everyone recognizes the guy now (Except McGregor :p) and when casuals see his face they'll go like "Hey, this guy said when he KO's people they don't fucking move"

And imagine if he actually KO's Frankie out cold lol. The KO footage would go viral in a split second and Stephens would be 10x more vocal.

I don't like McGregor's gimmicks or Stephens himself but it is what it is, that was a hella smart business move from Jeremy at the press conference. And McGregor only helped it become a lot bigger with that hilarious reply lol.

It would hurt his chances of ever fighting Conor. On the other hand Conor would finally agree to fight Frankie. So there's that.

Koing Edgar stiff would be enough to elevate him significantly, add the the fact it's on 205, and the fact he got embarrassed at the presser, then yes obviously Koing someone stiff who's never been stiff before would do him good

Back