If Rumble comes back at Heavyweight, how would he fare against the top 10?

Don't like him.. he is to heavy on quitting.

Guess if he lands first he wins if not he quits.

Whats so funny is you guys believe in Rumble more then he does in himself.

HW as a whole sucks so yeah he could beat the odd top10 on a good day but no way he has it in him to win 3-4 in a row.

The reason he's never been outstruck on the feet it's because of his power, let's assume for a second that his power won't be anything special at HW, you still think he will outstrike people like that? He's really good defensively speaking, but offensively not so much.

The main reason is not his power, its because he is so good defensively, just like you said. He didn't KO Cormier but Cormier barely managed to land anything on the feet on Rumble in two fights, Rumble won almost every exchange. No-one has been even close to that dominant vs DC on the feet ever.

Its also silly to say he is offensively not that good. KOing opponents with ease is being good offensively. It cant get better than that, and he is amazing at it.

Check his LHW striking stats vs his opponents, you cant find anything similar in the history of the sport vs top2-10 level opponents. Stipe actually might come the closest in his recent run. Many of his fights Rumble did not get hit even once, that is how good he is.

HW top10 is full of out of prime fighters, most of them dont have the chin anymore they once had. Rumble would have the youth and speed advantage over everyone, and a power advantage over some. He would do fine.

Don't like him.. he is to heavy on quitting.

Guess if he lands first he wins if not he quits.

In some ways you could argue that might mean he's suited for HW.

I mean yeah there have been plenty of HW's with heart including the dominant forces like Fedor, Nog and now Stipe but I wouldn't say its a division were you absolutely need it, guys like Crocop, Arlovski, Reem, etc not really fighters you'd say had great heart but did have a lot of success.

Meanwhile you look at LHW and Wand, Chuck, Rampage, Shogun, Hendo, Jones, Cormier, Gus, etc all very gutsy fighters.

Current top 10 UFC HW rankings:
C: Stipe Miocic
#1: Francis Ngannou
#2: Curtis Blaydes
#3: Alexander Volkov
#4: Alistair Overeem
#5: Derrick Lewis
#6: Mark Hunt
#7: Junior dos Santos
#8: Marcin Tybura
#9: Tai Tuivasa
#10: Aleksei Oleinik

Assuming he's in the shape he was when he was fighting full-time, I would favour him over anyone not named Stipe, who I imagine would survive Rumble's early storm and grind him out. He's a better striker than anyone on that list and has some of the best takedown defense in MMA, especially when he's fresh. I also believe he'd be able to wrestlefuck Ngannou and Volkov comfortably should he choose to mix in a few takedowns. Blaydes has the best chance of beating him out of the contenders because of his great chin and excellent wrestling.

Edit: Sorry Lil Nog, but it wouldn't be a Rumble thread without this glorious GIF....

Inb4 someone says Rumble is too small for HW

I think Rumble could beat Lewis, Reem, Volkov, Werdum, he beats all the top 10 except Stipe and Blaydes, Hunt and Ngannou idk about.

Rumble vs Ngannou would be bananas, someone would likely die in that fight though.

In some ways you could argue that might mean he's suited for HW.

I mean yeah there have been plenty of HW's with heart including the dominant forces like Fedor, Nog and now Stipe but I wouldn't say its a division were you absolutely need it, guys like Crocop, Arlovski, Reem, etc not really fighters you'd say had great heart but did have a lot of success.

Meanwhile you look at LHW and Wand, Chuck, Rampage, Shogun, Hendo, Jones, Cormier, Gus, etc all very gutsy fighters.

You think AA and Crocop don't have heart ? :*(

You think AA and Crocop don't have heart ? :*(

They have more heart than Rumble perhaps but I wouldn't say either of them are really defined by it the way the other fighters I listed are.

HW is for me has always been a division more heavily populated by front runners than LHW.

They have more heart than Rumble perhaps but I wouldn't say either of them are really defined by it the way the other fighters I listed are.

HW is for me has always been a division more heavily populated by front runners than LHW.

I see them with heart maybe not their forte but still they don't fold asap.

I see them with heart maybe not their forte but still they don't fold asap.

To be fair Rumble is also very specific in the way he folds when put on his back, he was able to beat guys like Arlovski and Davis in long fights who weren't able to do that.

You look at HW and its not really very heavy of fighters who could do that is it? Stipe and Blaydes plus maybe Cain if he ever fights again, maybe Barnett although his wrestling isn't that great anymore.

To be fair Rumble is also very specific in the way he folds when put on his back, he was able to beat guys like Arlovski and Davis in long fights who weren't able to do that.

You look at HW and its not really very heavy of fighters who could do that is it? Stipe and Blaydes plus maybe Cain if he ever fights again, maybe Barnett although his wrestling isn't that great anymore.

Vs DC he quit as soon as a hard punch was swung at him.

Only reason Arlovski survived the first round was that the knockdown happened so late in the round. He was saved by the bell, basically.

Wasn't the shot after the round should have ended anyway? He still went the distance where anyone good puts him away when they beat him.

To be fair I think he quit before the fight in ho second dc fight.

Was just so strange.

Anyone rooting or betting on him were disrespected.. anyone watching even wtf was he even doing there just a check collecting showing. No idea how anyone still supports him after that shit show.

Was just so strange.

Anyone rooting or betting on him were disrespected.. anyone watching even wtf was he even doing there just a check collecting showing. No idea how anyone still supports him after that shit show.
He came in threw a few punches an have DC his back intentionally. Dc didn't take it he charged DC to wrestle and once dc engaged he gave his back ...... weirdest fight ever ...... but damn he did it twice as DC botched the choke in rd 1. Rumble does same in rd 2..

I hope he fight Ngannou and Francis dead him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back