If Pereira beat Jones

It would be incredible if he did that but it’s so hard to weigh that against the longevity of guys like GSP, Silva, Jones and Fedor. Hell Jones still hasn’t lost via anything other than DQ and he’s been fighting (granted on and off as of late) for 16 years. One loss doesn’t erase that.
Strength of schedule means a lot when youre arguing cross division for goat etc. Jones has been profiting from the dana white white glove treatment for a looong time. Anytime he fighs somebody in his division that has a proper rank he struggles like crazy. He only look dominant vs his cherry picked fights. drugs too man, you jones lovers love to avoid the fact hes a dope cheat. not just a one time dope cheat either.

Strength of schedule means a lot when youre arguing cross division for goat etc. Jones has been profiting from the dana white white glove treatment for a looong time. Anytime he fighs somebody in his division that has a proper rank he struggles like crazy. He only look dominant vs his cherry picked fights. drugs too man, you jones lovers love to avoid the fact hes a dope cheat. not just a one time dope cheat either.
Jones is an awful example as a champion. Probably doped through a good chunk of his career, showed a terrible work ethic compared to contemporary champions. Committed multiple felonies, didn’t care about the people he hurt. Entitled, narcissistic, borderline delusional. I legitimately hate listing him among the other 3 in the Big 4 in GSP, Silva and Fedor. But at the end of the day his resume is impossible to argue with without doing some serious mental gymnastics. And I would be hard pressed to name a fighter I would put money on to beat a prime Jones.

Jones is an awful example as a champion. Probably doped through a good chunk of his career, showed a terrible work ethic compared to contemporary champions. Committed multiple felonies, didn’t care about the people he hurt. Entitled, narcissistic, borderline delusional. I legitimately hate listing him among the other 3 in the Big 4 in GSP, Silva and Fedor. But at the end of the day his resume is impossible to argue with without doing some serious mental gymnastics. And I would be hard pressed to name a fighter I would put money on to beat a prime Jones.

You wouldnt put money on fedor to beat prime jones? LOL
I dont see anyway jones could have won that fight. Striking grappling etc. Didnt have the strength, didnt have the technique.

who tf has jones fought and completely outclassed in your opinion? i mean besides people like matt hamil, stephan bonner etc. Shogun. If you honestly cant see how padded jones is resume is maybe youre not much of a fan of mma. His resume is a laundry list of has beens. he ran the CTE gauntlet

Last edited:
if he beat jones and took a third belt I would have a really hard time not putting him in the top 3 off all time. Short career, not an mma guy and manages to take three belts the last one being from the supposed ped cheat goat. he also didnt fight scrubs on his way up.

I personally feel like calling jones any kind of goat is just dana white koolaid. Jones resume is pretty shit to be honest. He almost lost to vitor reyes gus santos even chael if the fight got stopped cus of the ripped off toe. everyone he fought that had a name was wayyyy past their prime too. Jones is also handpicking a title fight with a completely inactive stipe and seems to be ducking any real challenge. im not even high on aspinal and the fat jones wont even look at the dude as far as a fight goes is very telling.

people are going to call me an mma hater, im just a dana white hater at this point, you can tell he manufactures certain fighters and gives them better fights easier roads, biggger names that have fallen off, aka, conor mcgregor, khabib. The only guy who actually fought the top ranked guys in their division was gsp and funny enough. dana keeps rating every welterweight champ above gsp now. so you can tell he only cares about his flavour of the month.

if poatan knocks out jones, hed have to easily be the ufc goat as far as accolaids and strength of schedule

I love pereira but what’s his record and who did he lose to and how?

Pereira is awesome but has no business in the same discussion as jones. Very few do

You wouldnt put money on fedor to beat prime jones? LOL
I dont see anyway jones could have won that fight. Striking grappling etc. Didnt have the strength, didnt have the technique.

who tf has jones fought and completely outclassed in your opinion? i mean besides people like matt hamil, stephan bonner etc. Shogun. If you honestly cant see how padded jones is resume is maybe youre not much of a fan of mma. His resume is a laundry list of has beens. he ran the CTE gauntlet
From 2011-2012 Jones beat 4 of the last 5 champions at 205. One of them was against Shogun for the title. Let’s look at where they were when Jones fought them.

Shogun- Current champion, 29 yrs old

Rampage- 5 fights removed from holding the title, 4-1 since losing it, 33 yrs old

Machida- 2 fights removed from holding the title, 1-1 since losing it, 33 yrs old

Rashad- 4 fights removed from holding the title, 4-0 since losing it, 33 yrs old

This is only a small portion of his career with all of these fights taking place in about a 13 month span. Granted everyone has different primes and age as a number isn’t the end all be all in determining whether a fighter is still elite so I could understand saying that one or two of these guys were washed if you wanted to argue that but saying all 4 guys were washed up has beens by this time is one hell of a reach.

I love pereira but what’s his record and who did he lose to and how?

Pereira is awesome but has no business in the same discussion as jones. Very few do
my comment was made on the rhetoric of this thread being if he beat jones on top of what hes already done. If he doesnt beat jones none of it matters.

Sherdog will break that's for sure!

Would be interesting if Jones tried to stand with him like against Santos, though at this point in his career he might want an easy night and decide to Gane him.

Back