If Pereira beat Jones

CookieGoodies

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
We all know of this fight was to happen Jones would just wrestle him same game plan vs Gane and let’s go down that alternative timeline. Let’s say Pereira KO’d Jones. How would you view Pereira and how would MMA as a whole view him? I think he beat Jones and Finishes him he’d be labeled one of the GOAT’s. Dana White would somehow still downplay him. Adesanya would post meme’s and remain salty.

Attachments

• IMG_6414.jpeg
    IMG_6414.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Beat Francis and jones ans would be labelled one of the goats?

Man you have harsh standards.

3 division champ, takes out fences and bones and he’s just one of the goats

You’re right because Bones will never fight again. He’s too busy ducking. Class is back in session? Work on your reading comprehension and learn how to answer an actually. Perhaps you should have stayed in the classroom my brotha in Christ.

my brotha from anotha... Alex ain't got nothing on Bones Jones

dude. jon jones would still be the GOAT easy. like 18 title fight wins > 4 title fight wins.

someone move this thread to the lightweights.
A lot of people don’t consider him it. They look and judge him hard on the Reyes fight. So I’m not really sure why you want this post moved considering it follows the current trend which is Jones has been ducking. But you know go off son.

So JJ takes Gane down and suddenly hes Cael Sanderson lol. Everyone forgets he couldnt take Santos with both knees blown out down, couldnt take Reyes down, and got taken down by an unknown Swedish kickboxer with no wrestling or grappling creds. More than a solid chance Pereira stuffs his takedowns and outclasses him on the feet.

if he beat jones and took a third belt I would have a really hard time not putting him in the top 3 off all time. Short career, not an mma guy and manages to take three belts the last one being from the supposed ped cheat goat. he also didnt fight scrubs on his way up.

I personally feel like calling jones any kind of goat is just dana white koolaid. Jones resume is pretty shit to be honest. He almost lost to vitor reyes gus santos even chael if the fight got stopped cus of the ripped off toe. everyone he fought that had a name was wayyyy past their prime too. Jones is also handpicking a title fight with a completely inactive stipe and seems to be ducking any real challenge. im not even high on aspinal and the fat jones wont even look at the dude as far as a fight goes is very telling.

people are going to call me an mma hater, im just a dana white hater at this point, you can tell he manufactures certain fighters and gives them better fights easier roads, biggger names that have fallen off, aka, conor mcgregor, khabib. The only guy who actually fought the top ranked guys in their division was gsp and funny enough. dana keeps rating every welterweight champ above gsp now. so you can tell he only cares about his flavour of the month.

if poatan knocks out jones, hed have to easily be the ufc goat as far as accolaids and strength of schedule

A lot of people don’t consider him it. They look and judge him hard on the Reyes fight. So I’m not really sure why you want this post moved considering it follows the current trend which is Jones has been ducking. But you know go off son.
What about Jones ducking is a trend? He's waiting to participate in a fight that he was already scheduled for. Jon historically has fought all up and comers and vets through several generations of fighters. Before Aspinal was saying his name, Jones was matched up with Stipe.

That would make him a 3 division champion and undoubtedly the GOAT. People would still claim his TDD isn't tested.

What about Jones ducking is a trend? He's waiting to participate in a fight that he was already scheduled for. Jon historically has fought all up and comers and vets through several generations of fighters. Before Aspinal was saying his name, Jones was matched up with Stipe.

Jones literally ducked Chael and cancelled an event little brother, what are you talking about. He ducked Francis by having to "bulk up" for three years only to be instantly ready to fight the day Francis leaves the company. Jon is a smart man that values his legacy, unfortunately for us.

jonchokemac.gif

I see this happening to Poatan.

What happened when Fedor lost to Werdum?

People immediately moved the goalposts and came up with reasons the loss didn’t count. Said he’s not in his prime anymore, whatever they had to say.

The same thing would happen if AP beat Jones. People would find a way to excuse the loss. Though Jones is a cocaine fuelled eye poking wife beating juice head so maybe his fans would abandon him.

Last edited:
Depends how it goes down. If he survives multiple take downs then kos Jones in the champ rounds that’d be very impressive even at this late stage in Jones’ career. If he tko’s him in the first 30 secs not as much.

Silva & Jones KOd strikers & sub’d grapplers. That’s what goats do. I’m not a hater of AP he’s an exciting fighter, great striker & seems pretty cool. But with 0 submissions & so many past grapplers that probably would’ve been at best even odds vs Pereira ie prime DC, Yoel, Jacare, etc., mma GOAT…?

<{cruzshake}>

Jones by sub rnd 1

What happened when Fedor lost to Werdum?

People immediately moved the goalposts and came up with reasons the loss didn’t count. Said he’s not in his prime anymore, whatever they had to say.

The same thing would happen if AP beat Jones. People would find a way to excuse the loss. Though is Jones a cocaine fueled eye poking wife beating juice head so maybe his fans would abandon him.
You’re last paragraph is what I’ve been saying for years I’m so happy someone else feels the same his fans are so delusional
Meanwhile, if Jones were to beat Pereira everyone would discredit him and just say that Pereira is overrated and that the win should mean nothing…
I think it would be more of Jones called out a kickboxer who has no wrestling same with Gane. It doesn’t matter though it’ll never happen anyway

Back