If Nick Diaz got a 5 year suspension for weed, Jones has to get more

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Alot more. This is his second PED related offense. I mean hell, Wandereli got a lifetime ban (later reduced) for avoiding a test.

Anything less than 5 years at the very minimum will be a joke.

LOL when ganja gets a stiffer sentence than steroids.

funniest-cheech-and-chong-quote-1-picture-quote-1.jpg

All were reduced and said to be way overboard and you want same shitty judgments? 2 years seems ok double last time.

There were major issues with the Diaz testing. His second sample came back clean. Which ultimately led to them from backing off of him and reducing his sentence and fine dramatically. He should have been flat out exonerated after the witchhunt that he went through but I guess the board had to save some kind of face. By the parameters of their testing, Diaz was vindicated by his second sample and should have been judged clean (at least for that fight :) )

Both of Jones' samples failed. Very different situation.

All were reduced and said to be way overboard and you want same shitty judgments? 2 years seems ok double last time.

2 years is nothing. Some athletic competitions ban people for life when they fail two drug tests.

They don't have a lot of leeway. Only the UFC can change it's rules on mandatory minimum sentencing for PED use. California has a pretty lax and laid back commission so I would be surprised if they give him more than year. Jon's best bet would be to leave the UFC and other orgs would just make him wait a year to fight.

There were major issues with the Diaz testing. His second sample came back clean. Which ultimately led to them from backing off of him and reducing his sentence and fine dramatically. He should have been flat out exonerated after the witchhunt that he went through but I guess the board had to save some kind of face. By the parameters of their testing, Diaz was vindicated by his second sample and should have been judged clean (at least for that fight :) )

Both of Jones' samples failed. Very different situation.

That only strengthens my point

Alot more. This is his second PED related offense. I mean hell, Wandereli got a lifetime ban (later reduced) for avoiding a test.

Anything less than 5 years at the very minimum will be a joke.
Ya agreed. But Diaz smoked weed ok.
Ya Jones also did Coke but Diaz smoked weed ok.
Let's not lose sight of what matters. Weed kills people.

I was under the impression that they completely walked that back. It was a major overreach on their part. To the point where they got death threats.

I was under the impression that they completely walked that back. It was a major overreach on their part. To the point where they got death threats.

It wasn't just an overreach. As I mentioned above, Nick's second sample came back clean and his lawyer made a compelling case that the first sample was contaminated or improperly tested. Nick should have sued them but I expect he was tired of paying legal fees. The committee was using Nick as a poster boy for drug abuse in MMA (which is ludicris given he only uses weed and is likely one of a very few fighters that would never touch PED's)

I'm good with Jones getting 4 years.

Back