If Nate's right, could the UFC reset and start from scratch?

Your first mistake was trying to rationalise a Nate Diaz statement.

We should let Charles Manson out of prison because he seems like a nice guy

Interesting. I just googled the new Australian 10 note because Canada also just came out with new bills recently. Canadian and Australian currency look very similar except our now has several people on it instead of just one figure

What is this thread about again?
Oh, right. Fuck off ts

"Hey there, we will overlook your last cheating attempt and pretend it never happened. Here is another chance, play it by the rules or cheat again, do as you please."

Let's say, for arguments sake, that Nate is right and everyone's on steroids in sports. Instead of usada trying to play catch up in mma, could/would the ufc, usada and the fighters all agree to giving everyone, including JBJ, the opportunity to start fresh by letting fighters come clean and start over? While it's obviously not fair to cheat, it's also not fair if some fighters are just luckier. Just a thought.

Dana White: "Ok, everybody, Jon, Johny, Vitor, Conor, Bisping shut up and listen!.Hey Alistair stop trying to hide behind DJ. Cyborg, you too. Everyone take a knee. After consulting with forums.sherdg.com user MacGregor, the UFC and USADA have decided that we are giving everyone a fresh start. You hear that? We are starting from scratch. All you have to is confess that you have taken PEDs, come clean. Then, after leaving confession, I expect every fighter to be clean. No cheaters. I don't care if you've been taking HGH or turinabol or whatever, it all stops today. We are turning over a new leaf. You with me? All sins forgiven. Now, I have no idea what this new policy is supposed to achieve, given that is already against the rules to take PEDs and we already implemented a rigorous USADA testing policy. But anyway, Jon Jones, you are still the champion. And remember - no steroids going forward. I'm trusting all of you. USADA will no longer be testing blood or urine. This is the honor system boys."

Let's say, for arguments sake, that Nate is right and everyone's on steroids in sports. Instead of usada trying to play catch up in mma, could/would the ufc, usada and the fighters all agree to giving everyone, including JBJ, the opportunity to start fresh by letting fighters come clean and start over? While it's obviously not fair to cheat, it's also not fair if some fighters are just luckier. Just a thought.
Well that answers the question of whether nate has brain damage. He certainly does if he thinks like this.

Dana White: "Ok, everybody, Jon, Johny, Vitor, Conor, Bisping shut up and listen!.Hey Alistair stop trying to hide behind DJ. Cyborg, you too. Everyone take a knee. After consulting with forums.sherdg.com user MacGregor, the UFC and USADA have decided that we are giving everyone a fresh start. You hear that? We are starting from scratch. All you have to is confess that you have taken PEDs, come clean. Then, after leaving confession, I expect every fighter to be clean. No cheaters. I don't care if you've been taking HGH or turinabol or whatever, it all stops today. We are turning over a new leaf. You with me? All sins forgiven. Now, I have no idea what this new policy is supposed to achieve, given that is already against the rules to take PEDs and we already implemented a rigorous USADA testing policy. But anyway, Jon Jones, you are still the champion. And remember - no steroids going forward. I'm trusting all of you. USADA will no longer be testing blood or urine. This is the honor system boys."

I didn't say stop testing or keeping up to date, just IF what Nate said was actually true, or even 3/4 true, could or would mma free itself from the chains of 'accepted practice' in sports by coming clean.

I didn't say stop testing or keeping up to date, just IF what Nate said was actually true, or even 3/4 true, could or would mma free itself from the chains of 'accepted practice' in sports by coming clean.

So, you just want people to say, "Yeah, I did it", and be forgiven of all their sins while promising to stay clean from here on out -- essentially telling USADA, "Thanks for your efforts the last few years, but now go get bent."? Or, you want a Wild, Wild West, free-for-all, no rules, early days/PRIDE FC-style, run-what-you-brung type of organization?

Either way, it would never pass sanctioning in any state of the USA, so it's a moot point.

(How is this not Wasteland'ed yet?)

How is that far to the clean fighters?
What kind of example does that set?
You cheat, get caught, get punished, then never mind?
Be fucking RESPONSIBLE for what YOUR actions are!

I don't understand. Please elaborate.

Let's assume Nate is right and peds are so widespread in sports it was and is an inevitability in mma as well. Is it possible for the mma community to just say 'yes most of us are using but we want to break away from corrupted sporting practices of the past and bring honor back to martial arts, as well as for our own health and safety.'? Guys already caught like Jones get dropped down in rankings so they have to fight back up to championship money, etc. Still test fighters adequately to be effective but have the mma community police itself almost. Just a question.

IMO they should just led everyone dope. The fights will be more exciting when everyone is at their maximum potential and there will be no more missed fights because someone gets caught.

Let's assume Nate is right and peds are so widespread in sports it was and is an inevitability in mma as well. Is it possible for the mma community to just say 'yes most of us are using but we want to break away from corrupted sporting practices of the past and bring honor back to martial arts, as well as for our own health and safety.'? Guys already caught like Jones get dropped down in rankings so they have to fight back up to championship money, etc. Still test fighters adequately to be effective but have the mma community police itself almost. Just a question.

I'm still confused....

I guess this just doesn't make any sense.

Back