If McGregor beat Floyd (he won't) do you think he would ever fight in MMA again?

If McGregor beats Floyd will he ever fight MMA again.

• Total voters

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
A friend was talking about how crazy it would be if he won. Something that rarely even crosses my mind due to the odds being next to impossible.

But if he won, I don't see how you could expect to see him in the Octagon ever again. You have to cash that win into a Hollywood deal. Yes or no?

Not unless he blew through all of his rental money.

His boss owns the UFC.

So, yes... He will fight again

He has a boss.

That boss owns the UFC.

So, yes... He will fight again

Doubt they could afford him. His boss can't stop him from being the Irish Jackie Chan.

Learn from Ronda's mistake. If she quit on top she wouldn't be getting replaced from Roundhouse.

Doubt they could afford him.
<bball1>

What are you saying? That he will give up fighting alltogether?

Cause he is under contract... He can indeed not take any fights and sit... Forever... And his contract will be extended indefinitely

I don't see him not AT LEAST finishing the Diaz trilogy. There's too much money to be made.

A friend was talking about how crazy it would be if he won. Something that rarely even crosses my mind due to the odds being next to impossible.

But if he won, I don't see how you could expect to see him in the Octagon ever again. You have to cash that win into a Hollywood deal. Yes or no?
He wont beat Floyd nor will he come back to do MMA. Hes gonna retire after taking a beating from Floyd and cashing that check.

<bball1>

What are you saying? That he will give up fighting alltogether?

Cause he is under contract... He can indeed not take any fights and sit... Forever... And his contract will be extended indefinitely

Basically that yes I don't think he fights again. If he does its not for a couple of years if movie deals run dry.

MMA is too risky, you don't risk losing to a Nate Diaz after beating 49-0 Floyd. McGregor would be on a celebrity status that crushes everyone in the fight world, and could cash that into something that doesn't involve him possibly losing. Ronda showed how quickly a stars shine can fade.

Win or lose, Mac is retiring after this fight. Floyd will retire him win or lose. 98% chance Floyd wins IMO.

Basically that yes I don't think he fights again. If he does its not for a couple of years if movie deals run dry.

MMA is too risky, you don't risk losing to a Nate Diaz after beating 49-0 Floyd. McGregor would be on a celebrity status that crushes everyone in the fight world, and could cash that into something that doesn't involve him possibly losing. Ronda showed how quickly a stars shine can fade.
Allright then...

Thats not an impossible scenario.

I just dont think he is that kind of guy.

Now i have to disagree with the ronda observation. Ronda shunned herself. The media would have kept its interest if she didnt act that way... Not only after, but prior to her fight.

If he managed to beat Floyd, which he would not, his best bet would be to declare himself the GOAT of all combat sports and retire from fighting and instead make money off of promoting that image (movies, merchandising, etc).

And I am not saying he would be the GOAT of all combat sports but rather that he would be able to promote and spin that as a multi division MMA champ who stepped into Boxing and beat one of the GOAT's of boxing.

He should not risk losing again in either MMA or Boxing once he has created that image as he would likely make more money on the promotion side.

NOT A CHANCE, if he beats Floyd could be even BIGGER money in a rematch with Floyd and that would happen. He would make way too much money in two bouts with Floyd to come back. Honestly, it wouldn't make sense.

He'll come back for money fight vs GSP

If he managed to beat Floyd, which he would not, his best bet would be to declare himself the GOAT of all combat sports and retire from fighting and instead make money off of promoting that image (movies, merchandising, etc).

And I am not saying he would be the GOAT of all combat sports but rather that he would be able to promote and spin that as a multi division MMA champ who stepped into Boxing and beat one of the GOAT's of boxing.

He should not risk losing again in either MMA or Boxing once he has created that image as he would likely make more money on the promotion side.

That is my thoughts as well.

He never will again either way. Win or lose, his star power will be too high for him to ever go back to the UFC. That would be like going back to the minor leagues after playing in the World Series.

So many Nostradamuses, so little time.

Win or lose, he will fight in the UFC again. Anyone that think differently is wrong. I don't see him walking away from MMA completely just yet, especially if he beats Floyd - Imagine what kind of demi-god he'd look like returning to the octagon after a win like that.

Win or lose, he will fight in the UFC again. Anyone that think differently is wrong. I don't see him walking away from MMA completely just yet, especially if he beats Floyd - Imagine what kind of demi-god he'd look like returning to the octagon after a win like that.

He will look like a demi-god on the big screen where much like Steven Seagal he will never have to get punched and can go nearly undefeated.

Back