If Khamzat really hurt his hand/wrist, will your opinion on the fight change?

And Erson Ilva

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Let’s say in the 1st he broke his hand or wrist, and that’s what created the stark difference between round 1 and rounds 2-3. Would your opinion of him change or (if you feel this way)would you still say he’s a “front runner” or “unproven past the first round”?

Personally I didn’t think he looked that tired in the second, it seemed like he was pacing himself or adjusting the game plan. Then the lack of activity carried on until late in the 3rd. An injury would explain that pretty well so I wasn’t surprised when they reported it on the post show. But I’ve yet to see any further info so idk.

thoughts?

Correlation =/= Causation
I won't trust his gas tank till I see him go 5 rounds, personally, but he isn't a one rounder like people are making him out to be. He's definitely most dangerous in the first, though.
i want to also see him fight off the back foot. Sometimes guys are really good at being the hammer but not at being the nail.

Yes. If he really couldn’t use his striking it would explain why round 2-3 looked so different from round 1. Aside from that it still looks like he has a gas tank problem.

Injury or not, I don't see how it can be debated that his cardio is questionable. At 170, you could argue he was depleting himself from the weight cut but now at 185? It is a genuine concern that he will be able to last 5 rounds in a championship fight.

The finish is not always going to be there and now that he's likely going to be in main event fights for the foreseeable future, we will find out a lot more about his true status as a top fighter. 4 years in the UFC with a ton of hype the entire time and his only 2 quality wins were razor thin decisions? Not a great sign IMHO

Let’s say in the 1st he broke his hand or wrist, and that’s what created the stark difference between round 1 and rounds 2-3. Would your opinion of him change or (if you feel this way)would you still say he’s a “front runner” or “unproven past the first round”?

Personally I didn’t think he looked that tired in the second, it seemed like he was pacing himself or adjusting the game plan. Then the lack of activity carried on until late in the 3rd. An injury would explain that pretty well so I wasn’t surprised when they reported it on the post show. But I’ve yet to see any further info so idk.

thoughts?

I like this take.

Correlation =/= Causation
I won't trust his gas tank till I see him go 5 rounds, personally, but he isn't a one rounder like people are making him out to be. He's definitely most dangerous in the first, though.
i want to also see him fight off the back foot. Sometimes guys are really good at being the hammer but not at being the nail.

But I really like this take. Especially the pressure part.

It would mitigate some of this fight's inactivity in the 2+3, but wouldn't necessarily prove his cardio either.

Not really. I don't think a hand or wrist injury causes a guy to gas after 7 minutes. Also let's stop glossing over the fact that Usman came off the couch on 12 day's notice.

Khamzat may have compromised himself at some point in the first round, but Usman was compromised from the start. He didn't have a camp, by his own admission barely grappled and his self belief was shot.

With a broken right hand he still could've used a jab and his feet to get angles along with his kicks.
Khamzat had decent kicks when he threw them but it wasn't very often and his jab was non existent against Usman. Sure a broken hand would effect his wrestling and overall game but his lack of output seemed to be more cardio related than anything else.

Unless the broken pieces of bone became lodged in his own lungs then It didn't change much.

Yes, it would explain why he wasn't throwing fuckall in rounds 2 and 3. What we perceived as fatigue might've been (at least partially) timidity because of a hand/wrist injury. After all he was able to go much harder for 15 mins against Gilbert.

Yes. If he really couldn’t use his striking it would explain why round 2-3 looked so different from round 1. Aside from that it still looks like he has a gas tank problem.
Jeez your shilling got certain type of fighters is sickening.

Jeez your shilling got certain type of fighters is sickening.
I don’t even like Khamzat you dipshit. If someone breaks their hand it’s gonna affect the fight. That’s not shilling that’s called having a brain.

thoughts?
I have been away all day. Do you have a source?

Or are you merely talking out of your ass?

The thread is a fail.

Do better next time S’il vous plait.

I don’t even like Khamzat you dipshit. If someone breaks their hand it’s gonna affect the fight. That’s not shilling that’s called having a brain.
You are full of shit believing canzat broke his hand. But you blindly follow something a fighter from a certain
background says.

keep shilling.

Back