If GSP beats Bisping, I think he should be considered the GOAT

DannyNL

The King is BACK, baby!
Banned
Reaction score
I know I know, Bisping is not the greatest champ the 185lb division has had. But GSP is universally considered one of the greatest of all time, usually 3rd behind Jones and Silva. With Jones and Anderson questionable due to their failed tests, I think becoming a 2-division champion would be more than enough for GSP to ascend to the #1 spot. With his legacy at 170 secured and adding a 185lb title reign to his resume, especially at this stage in his career, I think he could finally get that #1 spot.

If Bisping beats GSP he should be considered the GOAT buddeh!

Wins over Anderson and GSP. The 2 UFC GOATS. Also Hendo who is a top 10 GOAT.

Losses to:
Hendo (TRT)
Wanderlei (roids)
Sonnen (everything)
Vitor (most things)

Wins over:
Anderson (roids)
Leben (roids)
Le (roids)

Dude has fought every PED guy going.

Undefeated post USADA. He is the cleanest and the GOATest.

I know I know, Bisping is not the greatest champ the 185lb division has had. But GSP is universally considered one of the greatest of all time, usually 3rd behind Jones and Silva. With Jones and Anderson questionable due to their failed tests, I think becoming a 2-division champion would be more than enough for GSP to ascend to the #1 spot. With his legacy at 170 secured and adding a 185lb title reign to his resume, especially at this stage in his career, I think he could finally get that #1 spot.

100% yes, you can even argue that GSP is #1 now. Silva and Anderson are disqualified.

Goat boring fighter. Goat at not getting caught.

GSP can change the orbit of the moon, he won't be considered GOAT.

i dont care what you think

Losses to:
Hendo (TRT)
Wanderlei (roids)
Sonnen (everything)
Vitor (most things)

Wins over:
Anderson (roids)
Leben (roids)
Le (roids)

Too many embarrassing losses. Ducking true contenders at MW. Bisping doesn't get in the conversation.

serra-ko-s-gsp-o.gif

Losses to:
Hendo (TRT)
Wanderlei (roids)
Sonnen (everything)
Vitor (most things)

Wins over:
Anderson (roids)
Leben (roids)
Le (roids)

He got his ass whooped by a 46y old man.

Nope, sorry. At least you can believe it tho.

there's still a suicide cult on sherdog saying GSP is GOAT

don't listen to them.

This is very good for GSPs legacy. GSP always used weightclasses as a reason to not fight the best of his time. I think this has always been what put GSP quite far behind guys like Anderson or Fedor.

If he fights And beats a few of the top mws, it will certainly bring him up among the top goats.

"But GSP is universally considered one of the greatest of all time, usually 3rd behind Jones and Silva." Fedor respectfully disagrees with this statement.

As for GSP, a reasonable argument could be made for him being the GOAT right now. Reasonable arguments could be made for Fedor and Anderson, as well. When delineating between fighters at that level, we're really just splitting hairs.

Beating Bisping would be a nice feather in GSP's cap, but it's probably not something that should push him over the top. You can't hail GSP for becoming a two-division champion without talking about whom he beat. Bisping is a solid fighter, but he's just a mid- to low-top 10 caliber MW. He'd probably be the underdog against at least 5 MWs.

I knew this nonsense talk would commence.
No....

GSP already is easily the UFC GOAT after Silva/Jones got caught cheating.

Him losing to Bisping after such a long layoff isn't going to change anything.

Back