If Brock Lesnar committed to his punches and wasn't afraid to get hit would he be GOAT heavyweight?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just finished watching his return bout where he pissed hot and he looked great against Mark Hunt, the guy regardless of pissing hot is a freak athlete. you just cant come back and do something like that unless you are special.

His only weakness is getting hit he hates it, he doesn't have a glass chin by any means he has a pretty good chin he just doesn't like getting hit there and will curl in a ball to avoid getting hit with a barrage, if he wasn't afraid to get hit and actually stayed patient and committed to his punches he would be deadly, he has that freakish long reach and probably one of the quickest sprawls for his size.

I don't think we will ever see another guy like that in MMA again for a long ass time, weight 260 plus and moved like a freaking lightweight weigh ton his feet, freakish power in his hands, explosive as well.

It takes way more than that to be a good striker. He had way too many flaws in his game and only managed to succeed because he was gifted a title fight and had a couple stylistically good matchups. He would've been eaten alive if he had to work his way up like Cain and JDS did.

I just finished watching his return bout where he pissed hot and he looked great against Mark Hunt, the guy regardless of pissing hot is a freak athlete. you just cant come back and do something like that unless you are special.

His only weakness is getting hit he hates it, he doesn't have a glass chin by any means he has a pretty good chin he just doesn't like getting hit there and will curl in a ball to avoid getting hit with a barrage, if he wasn't afraid to get hit and actually stayed patient and committed to his punches he would be deadly, he has that freakish long reach and probably one of the quickest sprawls for his size.

I don't think we will ever see another guy like that in MMA again for a long ass time, weight 260 plus and moved like a freaking lightweight weigh ton his feet, freakish power in his hands, explosive as well.
He couldn't pass a drug test if the live of his entire family depended on it.

Would have been a beast had he trained in ufc throughout his younger years.

Not so long as better strikers who can stop his takedown like Overeem, Cain and JDS and Stipe exist. Brock wrestling overrated.

Also he wiuod be a lot different without juice

7 years later and this shit is still going on

Questions like these are kind of silly. If he was anything else he wouldn’t be Brock leaner.

Imagine if Ricardo mayorga had the boxing skill of Floyd mayweather.

If he was made of adamantium and had minivans as hands I'm sure he'd be GOAT. I'm sure of it.

You can say that about every power lifter an strong man on the planet. The universe can't allow one person to posses so many talents.

If Brock memorized all the physics books in his local library he could be a teacher in highschool. <Fedor23>

IDK. It's like saying if Mark Hunt got a doctorate in free style wrestling then he could be the goat.

Or like the Colin fan's who say "if he were defending he'd be beating everyone anyway." Well he's not. So there.

If he didn't do steroids his whole life would he still be as athletic or as explosive ?

I loved Brock's run, but you can't really tout his win over Hunt as special because USADA was in place & as such Brock had enhansed advantages that Hunt did not. Who knows how the fight would've played out if Brock was clean. & I'm a big fan of his MMA run.

pre-USADA everyone was doing it... so all fair... post-USADA no Bueno.

He could have been a HW version of matt hughes. But never a aggressive striker.

If Cain didn't have bubblegum for ligaments, he would be GOAT, no doubt.!

It takes way more than that to be a good striker. He had way too many flaws in his game and only managed to succeed because he was gifted a title fight and had a couple stylistically good matchups. He would've been eaten alive if he had to work his way up like Cain and JDS did.
He had legit power and reach, he could easily use that to KO Cain who has a glass chin, but he feared getting hit, his chin isn't even bad he just curls up and covers up he doesn't like getting hit at all.

I mean nobody likes getting hit but for him he didn't take it well, other wrestlers were able to take punishment and go forward and remain calm, if Lesnar had composure he would be so crazy with his sprawl and brawl with those long arms and power

Eaten alive by who?

Lets look at Cains run to the belt:

Jake O'Brien - Average wrestler got nothing for Brock

Denis Stojnic - Do I even need to comment?

Cheik Kongo - despite his decent striking (and dropped Cain) he decided to grapple in nearly all his UFC fights and would get mauled by Brock

Ben Rothwell - A tough guy but not particularly skilled anywhere, not sure where he would beat Brock.

Big Nog - Waay past his prime at this point, sure there's a freak chance old man Nog could sub Brock but I wouldn't put money on it and he's too slow and weak at this point to oustrike Brock.

What do you think?

He had legit power and reach, he could easily use that to KO Cain who has a glass chin, but he feared getting hit, his chin isn't even bad he just curls up and covers up he doesn't like getting hit at all.

I mean nobody likes getting hit but for him he didn't take it well, other wrestlers were able to take punishment and go forward and remain calm, if Lesnar had composure he would be so crazy with his sprawl and brawl with those long arms and power

<{outtahere}>

How are you a brown belt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back