Iconic Images in Political History

images

Signing of the Declaration of Independence. (American sherdoggers, I'm disappoint it took so long to post this)

the-signing-of-the-declaration-of-independence1.jpeg
When I saw "images" I took that to mean photos not painting depictions.

When I saw "images" I took that to mean photos not painting depictions.

I was the opposite, the thread title says images, not photographs. Political history goes back to time immemorial so most of the iconic moments in political history date back to before Niepce and Daguerre, thus there are no photographs, only artist depictions.

I was the opposite, the thread title says images, not photographs. Political history goes back to time immemorial so most of the iconic moments in political history date back to before Niepce and Daguerre, thus there are no photographs, only artist depictions.
Understandable.

Fantastic thread idea. Thank you

images

Surprised I hadn’t seen this yet. By far the most significant instance for myself and my generation

Not sure which picture exactly will be the one to go down in history forever, there’s many similar ones

Best real estate deal in history
"Deal".

More like Jefferson fucking swindled the French without the French really knowing.... which I guess is kinda par for history in some ways.

153706.jpg

My understanding is this is a group of Marines in one of the government buildings in Baghdad.

ec6355eecd75fb021981df252a609183.jpg

I wish I had it right now but a friend of mine that was a Marine has pictures of when his unit took one of Saddam's sons essentially harem building that had a pool in it where people got executed. Picture of the pool is creepy as fuck

Children playing in the UK, 1941

799370415s.jpg

Bombs dropped on Kobe, Japan 1945.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back