Icing hands

Josh B

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sorry if in wrong section. How long should you ice your hands after each boxing session(dip your hands in a bowl with water and ice)? Ive tried looking it up but it doesnt say any time. Right now im just doing 5 minutes one hand then 5 minutes the other hand.

For contrast showers i usually 30 seconds cold one minute hot for 5 or six cycles. You could try that with your hands. I assume this is an inflammation thing right? Should be similar.

That will help them recover?
For contrast showers i usually 30 seconds cold one minute hot for 5 or six cycles. You could try that with your hands. I assume this is an inflammation thing right? Should be similar.

You should read up on the physiology and process of injury healing. It won't take too long. Maybe a few days of short reads. You will get a better idea of what works and what doesn't.

When I was boxing, I found the rice bucket to help best with aching hands.

That will help them recover?
It wI'll help with soreness and inflammation, yes. Also people who train grip hard often advocate sleeping with something like wool socks over your hands and for arms to keep them warm and improve circulation. The lower arm can be slow to recover without a little help.

Also an electical stimulation device may help too. I have a magic touch massager that works pretty good for muscle and joint pain. But it's gotta be strong enough to be uncomfortable.

You should read up on the physiology and process of injury healing. It won't take too long. Maybe a few days of short reads. You will get a better idea of what works and what doesn't.
Reccomended reading? Good place to start?

Just buy a pair of winnings or some other gloves that actually protect your hands well. I did boxing, kick boxing, and a bunch of other shit for years. Only time I had hand issues was when I'd do lots of bag work with shitty 10oz gloves....or one time when I brokenmy 5th metacarpal in a locker room fight in highschool.

Just buy a pair of winnings or some other gloves that actually protect your hands well. I did boxing, kick boxing, and a bunch of other shit for years. Only time I had hand issues was when I'd do lots of bag work with shitty 10oz gloves....or one time when I brokenmy 5th metacarpal in a locker room fight in highschool.
This is probably the best advice in this thread

I would certainly wonder why my hands were hurting, mine never did. Although that could just be frame or power etc related, usually everything in boxing comes down to technique.

In this instance, wrapping and gloves will likely be a large component. When I have a good wrap I feel like I can punch through walls.

Thanks i will read after work today.

umm just answer this question

if I do pushups from the fist and I want to rehab the hand should I have my palms facing my neck or palms facking down or facing downward ?

I have no idea what you're asking. It depends on what is injured in your hand, and if you're trying to rehab it then bearing weight through it in the form of push ups(regardless of hand position) may not be the smartest idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back