+++IBJJF Worlds Discussion Thread+++

You linked the wrong match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f9vhAWAbw8

Also, even if you weren't impressed by the time spent in 50/50 that seio-nage to flying triangle attempt was awesome and so was the takedown that he hit at the edge of the mat.

edit: couldn't embed video properly

The flying triangle was sick but I just don't get why people get complacent from 50/50

Buchecha blew his knee defending a sweep during the early round of the Open/Absolute, so he didn't even get to do his weight class. I hope he's okay but it looked bad. He had to be carried off the mats. He toughed out the match, and I think he lost by a couple of advantages.

I didn't see the whole event, but the match between Keenan and Lo in the Absolute was awesome. The flyinf triangle/armbar Keenan threw was super tight.

These IBJJF rules are stupid and illogical. Lo fights off a near takedown/sweep, stands for a moment, drops to his butt which concedes the takedown/sweep he just fought to prevent, which gives no points to Keenan even though he was on his back and now he's on top, which is exactly what he was just fighting super hard to achieve???!??? So if you fight to resist the change of position it's points for the other guy, but if you just concede without fighting it's no points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back