IBF belt not on the line for GGG vs Jacobs

Meh, who cares?
Can't really blame him, they did the weigh in at a weird hour. Fighters start to rehydrate after a weigh in. Fuck the IBF and their special rule. One set of rules for the fight.

so golovkin actually cut something this time? wasn't he like 164lbs the day of the brook fight?

so golovkin actually cut something this time? wasn't he like 164lbs the day of the brook fight?
People who believe Golovkin never cuts weight are foolish. People even tried to claim Canelo is bigger than he is for a while.

People who believe Golovkin never cuts weight are foolish. People even tried to claim Canelo is bigger than he is for a while.
GGG can cut weight and rehydrate at the same time. Known fact. -GGG Fanboys

really garbage rule anyways

as long as a guy can do it legally cutting weight is an inherent quality...somewhat akin to being born with a granite chin

i always thought it was odd because he seemed pretty big in the ring, but wasn't he very close to 160 a month before the fight, and 158 on the scales? he can't be cutting anything massive, don't you think?

In all seriousness there is no such thing as a natural fighting weight. Made up phrase by fans.

Jacobs is a natural 168lber.
Wow, u mean he's gonna fight as a dehydrated skiliton outside his optimal weight.
That would make his victory over ggg even more impressive.

GGG can cut weight and rehydrate at the same time. Known fact. -GGG Fanboys
What Are you on about? Who claimed that?
As far as I know every boxer ever usually cuts weight then rehydrates after the weigh in.

You can usually see GGG's fight night weight because he isn't afraid to hop on the scales. He often puts on a good 10 pounds which is pretty average I'd say. Jacobs puts on about 20 pounds and as stated in another thread here his team told GGG they would come in under 180 which was just fine with GGG's team.

Jacobs is obviously a bigger guy but no one can say if that is an advantage since you never know if the weight cut will hurt the fighter or not. Cutting lots of weight is a big risk that any fighter can take so it's not a valid excuse for winning or losing.

I posted in one of the threads Danny was not going to deal with it because we are not paying the sanctioning fee. He's all good. We are watching Wiscompton/Villanova right now. He posted a tweet a few hours ago. Trust me. He's fine

Let me find the post

He's not up yet but he'll be in the low 70s in the ring. Probably 73. We initially thought 79 but that is going to be high. We have a scale here so I'll tell you once he wakes up in an hour and eats something. We don't have a rehydration clause in the contract. Being honest we aren't even going to to pay the sanctioning fees to keep the belts anyways. Floyd taught me well lol

RR, Today at 5:13 AM

What Are you on about? Who claimed that?
As far as I know every boxer ever usually cuts weight then rehydrates after the weigh in.
It was a joke. Satire. You might of missed it.
I am actually a big GGG fan. Even have a bet with @RR on the fight.
I'm just a little tired though of people making up mythical stuff about GGG. Then trying to pass it off as if its common sense or a known fact. Things that go against basic human nature and boxing basics. Its like when the flat earth crowd tries to talk down to actual scientists. LOL

It was a joke. Satire. You might of missed it.
I am actually a big GGG fan. Even have a bet with @RR on the fight.
I'm just a little tired though of people making up mythical stuff about GGG. Then trying to pass it off as if its common sense or a known fact. Things that go against basic human nature and boxing basics. Its like when the flat earth crowd tries to talk down to actual scientists. LOL

Danny weighs 171.1 right now.

He's not up yet but he'll be in the low 70s in the ring. Probably 73. We initially thought 79 but that is going to be high. We have a scale here so I'll tell you once he wakes up in an hour and eats something. We don't have a rehydration clause in the contract. Being honest we aren't even going to to pay the sanctioning fees to keep the belts anyways. Floyd taught me well lol

RR, Today at 5:13 AM
Beating GGG > Paying for an extra belt.
Sounds logical to me. Looks better in Danny's pocket.

Danny weighs 171.1 right now.
So seems to me if he wanted to he could of woke up early and easily made that and then went back to bed.
So like @Rico was saying yesterday...its usually 99.9% about the paper.
Fuck the sanctioning fee....lol

Beating GGG > Paying for an extra belt.
Sounds logical to me. Looks better in Danny's pocket.

Yessir.

I was initially pissed to read that but it is likely probably generating more traffic to the fight. People can say Danny is a serial killer if they buy the PPV lol

Back