Ian McCall joins Rizin

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
He was just announced as a wildcard of the gp. Sadly connection got lost and I didnt see against who.

He's fighting Manel Kape, they already had a shoving match

who is this TBA fella? ive seen his name on heaps of cards but cant recall ever seeing him fight, is he legit?

Guchi FTW
Let's see if UC can make it to the fight

So he'll have to fight 3 times in a few days if he wins? LOL Yeah ok I'm sure thats gonna happen.

If he actually makes it to the first fight it will be shocking.

I hope he got his 100K he was yapping about up front.

McCall says he's worried about his brain.... joins Rizin where soccer kicks and knees on the ground are allowed.

McCall says he's worried about his brain.... joins Rizin where soccer kicks and knees on the ground are allowed.

No he only worries about his brain if he's fighting for 16/16 or whatever he was getting at UFC. But where more money is on the table the worries he had for his brain go out the window....now I'm worried for his brain

So he'll have to fight 3 times in a few days if he wins? LOL Yeah ok I'm sure thats gonna happen.

If he actually makes it to the first fight it will be shocking.

lol good point

They will announce that Anthony Birchak will leave the commentating team and fight in his place 3 days prior to the event

Wonder if RIZIN pre plans these things

Last edited:
lol good point

They will announce that Anthony Birchak will leave the commentating team and fight in his place 3 days prior to the event

Wonder if RIZIN pre plans these things

I don’t mind Birchak fighting but I hope he leaves the commentating room forever. He sucks there lol

Did Ian attend Rizen on 15th to see his competition live but also PR?

Expensive to fly him to Japan for the press conference but Creepy does bring the UFC brand along with his epic MM bout. Kape looks sharp/fast so will see if someone can slow him down and test his stamina. Hope Ian gets in good shape.

I always thought the massive weight cut was what hurt Mccall so much and made him pull out of so many fights. Dehydration ruins the immune system, and getting sick was the cause of like four of his fight pullouts (that I know of), and he's always been a gigantic flyweight. At bantamweight, though, he's a healthy size. Maybe not large enough to really muscle his way around like at flyweight, but healthy enough to where his body won't have to have a compromised immune system leading up to the fight due to severe dehydration and malnutrition.

Back