Media Ian Garry has a new opponent on the table for UFC 303

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

“I can only fight down in the rankings, and this is where I’ve got to show that I will fight anyone.

“I’ve said yes (to a fight with MVP). I’ve said yes to that name, him and his coaches are deciding because he seems a bit heavy to make weight in seven weeks’ time, but I’ve said yes.” Garry revealed.

The 26-year-old went on to claim that he also said ‘yes’ to fights with Sean Brady, Nursulton Ruziboev, and Joaquin Buckley, with none of them materializing.

MVP makes sense & would be a huge boost to 303. A lot of us thought MVP would land on the UK ppv but he doesn't necessarily need to be if it already has Tom, Leon, Paddy, Arnold, & Mokaev.

I like Garry vs Buckley

This is who Buckley should've called out after his St. Lou win, calling out Conor McGregor is a fantasy he doesn't care who you are. Or better yet call out Colby just so I can hear him babble and talk in tongues at all the reasons why he should not fight you.

Last edited:
For all the shit people give Ian Gary, I like his attitude and I think his willingness to call people out by name is a breath of fresh air in a sport full of guys saying "whoever the UFC thinks is next", "I only want to fight X", or worse calling someone out by name who they can't/won't fight.

IMO VERY smart of the UFC to go that route, you could just give MVP a title shot after to either if they wanted. Leaves them with options in the title picture.

Colby is a total fool if he fumbles this matchup.

How heavy is MVP ? Jesus Christ, can't make the weight 7 weeks out.

MVP looked Massive against Holland.

If 7 weeks isn't enough time to make weight you're doing something wrong.
That looks like a duck...

So I guess Colby is a no-go at the end.. with all the trashtalk. I wanted to see one of those 2 losing.

I’d be interested in Garry vs Brady or Garry vs Buckley. I want to see him against someone who’s going to pursue a takedown. He obviously is a good striker but we’ve seen next to nothing about his grappling when fighting someone at a high level

Back