I understand Conor's point of view not wanting to fight Ferguson.

As a fan, I don't like it at all. I think he should defend his belt as do probably all of us.

However, trying to put myself in his perspective, I understand the situation.

From Conor's perspective, he knows that he is THE big draw of the UFC. The money maker. The PPV legend. He is drawing all of the PPV buys basically. His fights are guaranteed to do 1m+ buys.

Fighters know this, they know they can get a cut of that hype.

Basically, he realizes that whomever he fights, they are going to be a lot better off in the financial department than they were before they fought him, win or lose.

And Conor has said multiple times that he doesn't like TFerg and doesn't want to make him rich. That makes sense because TFerg has been calling him out all year with lots of shit, insulting him, etc etc.

Conor's thinking, why the FOOK should I make this guy famous and rich if he can't show any respect for me? he's thinking, fuck this idiot trying to insult me and come at me, I'd rather lose my belt than give this loser a fat paycheck.

And I get that. I mean, would any of YOU guys want to make a person that you HATE rich?

Just to clarify, I don't like Conor either and I'm not defending him. Just trying to explain why I think he doesn't want to fight TFerg.
First, "And I get that. I mean, would any of YOU guys want to make a person that you HATE rich?" Well no but if it was my job to fight the next definitive guy in line and I hated him I would want to beat his ass and care about what I do with my money not worry about what the guy I hate does with his.

AND I dont think Conor should even have a choice in the matter. He is the champion and in the same division we have an interim champion so the obvious is clear. UFC wants to make money but some fans OR LOTS of fans actually I should say who have been watching the sport since 2004 like myself or even longer, would like to see the best guys fight each other to see who is better. The way it used to be and should be. The UFC needs to bring back some kind of legitimacy to the championship belt or it will continue to mean nothing. If this is how they want to go about it and just do money fights then do away with belts and give out participation trophies instead. Conor should fight Tony

Conor can't see any fight in mma being worth his while.

He is now the highest profile 'active' fighter in the world.

He sees his career in terms of parlaying, and going back to fight in the UFC against relatively low profile fighters for less pay doesn't appeal to him.

Especially since he knows that a loss or two will significantly reduce his prospective worth.

This doesn't make it ok, but he sees things from a pragmatic, me, standpoint... yes, pretty obvious.

He may even fight De La Hoya, let's face it, the paycheck would be bigger.

As a fan, I don't like it at all. I think he should defend his belt as do probably all of us.

However, trying to put myself in his perspective, I understand the situation.

From Conor's perspective, he knows that he is THE big draw of the UFC. The money maker. The PPV legend. He is drawing all of the PPV buys basically. His fights are guaranteed to do 1m+ buys.

Fighters know this, they know they can get a cut of that hype.

Basically, he realizes that whomever he fights, they are going to be a lot better off in the financial department than they were before they fought him, win or lose.

And Conor has said multiple times that he doesn't like TFerg and doesn't want to make him rich. That makes sense because TFerg has been calling him out all year with lots of shit, insulting him, etc etc.

Conor's thinking, why the FOOK should I make this guy famous and rich if he can't show any respect for me? he's thinking, fuck this idiot trying to insult me and come at me, I'd rather lose my belt than give this loser a fat paycheck.

And I get that. I mean, would any of YOU guys want to make a person that you HATE rich?

Just to clarify, I don't like Conor either and I'm not defending him. Just trying to explain why I think he doesn't want to fight TFerg.
Maybe because Tony has accomplished more at LW and been putting in the work for years while Conor swooped in with his big mouth earning an undeserved LW shot. By the way, yes he earned a shot at RDA but he fought Nate who tapped him then barely got by Nate in the rematch so no the LW shot wasn’t earned.

I'm a Conor fan, but if he won't fight Tony, fuck it. Strip him. He's not champ if he won't unify.

Well that Settle it.

Conor should only fight people he cares about.

Conor Vs Artem #1,2 & 3 next year
And fighters who don't spew insults just like he does. LOL the OP talking about Tony talking disrespectfully. In order to get a fight with Conor, you should have to sit respectfully as he rips you with repeated insults, LOL no.

Of Ferg,Khabib ,GSP,Wood, Nayt, and a LW Aldo Rematch .................................. TONY FERG is the easiest fight of those choices.

Yet he gave Nate a rematch, I doubt Conor and he are good pals.
Honestly I can't see anyone really being pals with Nate. Conor when out of character usually seems like a decent guy ...... at least he used to . Nate just seems like a real dick no matter where he is or when.

Conor has literally never said anything about hating Tony or not wanting Tony to make some money by fighting him, wtf is this

Back