I think we all know Sean's going to lose, but we're enjoying a huge time in UFC history...

I think Sean is just better than Dricus lol
Sean is the most underrated middleweight, and Dricus the most overrated. Sean has always been consistent, his striking, grappling, and cardio are all solid and have been for a long time, and he's only been improving. I really don't understand why people talk like he's some average fighter.

Dricus always looks shit, even when he wins, and Rob is his only good performance. I think Rob is better than Dricus too, and wins 8/10, that fight just happened to be one of those 2 where the stars align and Dricus wins, and I don't want to hear shit about 'cope', because I don't give a fuck about Rob losing, I genuinely think he is just better, even though he lost. Dricus was getting pieced up by fucking Darren Till, and that's Darren Till who got his ass whooped for 5 minutes first. I don't want to hear shit about nose surgery. If you can get to a #1 contender fight, then your nose can't be that bad.

People are acting like Sean struggles with power punchers, when he basically drew with Cannonier, who is a better technical striker and hits harder than Dricus. Got ktfo by Alex, cool. He tried to bang with him and got caught. Alex has been knocking people out left right and center, Dricus is no Alex.

I will not be surprised if Sean 50-45s and makes Dricus look like the sloppy no cardio bum that he normally is

Sean has much better striking fundamentals and fundamentals will likely win him this fight. DDP is unpredictable and explosive but I can't see him beating Sean on the feet unless he catches him with something that he doesn't see coming.

The South African Philly Shell style of Dricus is unique and hard to train for

Anyone who sees themselves in Strickland should probably seek out therapy...pronto. Not a judgment, just an observation.
I think most of the people don't understand the meaning behind it. There are born winners bot mentally and talented like Jon Jones. There are champions who walk like royalties like Conor, Suga, Izzy.
He's like most of us, I mean normal in a sensie that while he was always great fighter he never stood up, had bad childhood, no prospects for better life and he made it. Even his style isn't out of this world. He is aware of what shitty world we live in, unlike most of people who go watch tv, well their souls for corporations etc.

Concernig therapy? Maybe you're right in some way. People who see the shitty reality of the world may need therapy because it's too much. There's nothing wrong with therapy at all. Most people are throwing the term "go to therapy" like it was something for idiots. Couldn't be more wrong. It actually takes a lot of self-awareness, will etc. to go to therapy

Last edited:
I think most of the people don't understand the meaning behind it. There are born winners bot mentally and talented like Jon Jones. There are champions who walk like royalties like Conor, Suga, Izzy.
He's like most of us, I mean normal in a sensie that while he was always great fighter he never stood up, had bad childhood, no prospects for better life and he made it. Even his style isn't out of this world. He is aware of what shitty world we live in, unlike most of people who go watch tv, well their souls for corporations etc.

Concernig therapy? Maybe you're right in some way. People who see the shitty reality od the world may need therapy because it's too much. There's nothing wrong with therapy at all. Most people are throwing the term "go to therapy" like it was something for idiots. Couldn't be more wrong. It actually takes a lot of self-awareness, will etc. to go to therapy

I don't understand how you can be alive and not see how shitty life is.

Even if your life is going good, you see others suffering around every corner.

This shit sucks.

Im telling you guys, Dricus will be 100% bulldozing rigth from the get go.
Sean will punish him all nigth with 1-2's
Them dricus will gas himself out in 1st round pressing Strickland against the cage, getting the 1st

Strickland will come strong R2 and probably win a close round

Dricus will berserk him in the 3rd, and I think that's probably DDP best round. If he's gonna finish this figth will be either in 1st or 3rd (most likely 3rd)

If Strickland survives 3rd round, I think he will swarm DDP and win 4th e 5th round.

Dricus will probably mix a lot of TDD and overhands, switching stances like always, but he's 1-2's are his best tool to get in range, and 1-2's are Strickland's Bread and butter, and that's the main reason I think Strickland is the favorite here.

Tough fight

I kind of think Dricus has too much power and may stop Sean, but I also know to stop underestimating him after thinking both Izzy and Abus would clown him.

If this makes it past the third, it's anyone's fight imo.

Izzy I get but why would you think Abus would clown Sean, let alone any high ranking MW?

Abus is not high level. He only got a main event against Sean because Ali is his manager.

I think Strickland wins, but I’m hoping he loses…

He’s been even more annoying than he usually is. Or maybe it’s because he has a title now, and the media actually pays attention to what he has to say…

Strickland has better striking, better cardio and there’s no way he’s being held down. Easy fight for his first defense.

Izzy I get but why would you think Abus would clown Sean, let alone any high ranking MW?

Abus is not high level. He only got a main event against Sean because Ali is his manager.
Fair point. I just thought Abus had more power and more overall weapons, and I e seen Strickland fight conservatively on a few occasions.

But I definitely am guilty of grossly underestimating him.

Sean's not the underdog. It's close to even, but he's the slight favorite.

To be honest, he easily won that first round. Of course, you don’t expect someone to gas after 4 minutes consistently, but here we are, Abus definitely does.

We all KNOW?

Tapology Community Predictions: 3886

Strickland
47%
Du Plessis
53%

That’s close to 50/50 with almost 4000 predictions already made.

So “WE” clearly don’t “KNOW” that Dricus is going to win.

I’m still leaning towards Strickland by decision. But I’m having an issue going either way right now. My official prediction will be in the PBP.

Just sayin.

We all KNOW?

Tapology Community Predictions: 3886

Strickland
47%
Du Plessis
53%

That’s close to 50/50 with almost 4000 predictions already made.

So “WE” clearly don’t “KNOW” that Dricus is going to win.

I’m still leaning towards Strickland by decision. But I’m having an issue going either way right now. My official prediction will be in the PBP.

Just sasocks.

I think a lot of people voting for Sean are delusional because they want him to win so badly.

Sean is naturally smaller, naturally weaker, and has a smaller head. (Easier to crack) DDP can KO a man with a jab. Sean needs a barrage for a TKO.

I'm terrified for my Sean.

But sometimes miracles happen.

I honestly don't give a shit about Strickland's trailer-park dinner theater schtick.

But I'm picking him based on a few factors: much better boxing than DDP, who seems to get hit a fair bit; time-tested cardio and distance management that wears people down; and wrestling chops that some very good fighters seem to be confident in, despite being a relatively unknown product outside the training room.

I'd honestly love it if DDP won, but I think he needs to be the indestructible, relentless south african golem you believe he is for this to work out for him.

Back