I think something needs to be made clear regarding GSP "choosing" Diaz.

stop bitching. its a much more entertaining match up anyways. seriously some of you mma fans love to bitch about the stupidest things. you must hate your life.

who gives a fuck, diaz is the better fight. UFC doesn't operate like a real sport anyway.. they have unfair and nonsensical match making all the time... not sure why people are butt hurt NOW all of a sudden.

You think it's the best fight, many others don't.

who gives a fuck, diaz is the better fight. UFC doesn't operate like a real sport anyway.. they have unfair and nonsensical match making all the time... not sure why people are butt hurt NOW all of a sudden.

How is it the better fight? Diaz lost his last fight, and Hendricks has been dropping guys like crazy. I still don't see why it is the better fight.

Now it may be the fight you would rather see. Which I can understand.

It's his french side. We have to put up with it.

There is one reason that GSP is fighting Diaz and not Hendricks next.

It's not because Diaz has earned it.

It's not because Georges "asked" for it.

It's because Zuffa wants it. End of story.

Dana, Lorenzo, and the UFC brand wants this fight because it's the logical move for them to milk this fight before it's too late.

Georges wanted to fight Diaz bad, but if Hendricks was the more lucrative option, and was a total wild card who could disappear at any minute, the UFC would throw Hendricks in with GSP without a second thought, and start their wonderful marketing of "This guy is the #1 contender, Georges hasn't fought anyone like this before"

How many of you guys honestly don't see this? Ever since the Diaz news was announced and this "GSP said Diaz", everyone here ate it up like Georges' opinion actually mattered to a guy like Dana.

DANA wanted Diaz. He's the boss, and he makes decisions, not GSP.

Sans the Condit loss (many thought he won), and minus the loss due to cut Diaz hasn't lost since Sherk in 2006. He is highly deserving.

and lets not simply pass of GSP asking for this fight like it doesn't mean anything. He's the #2 fighter on the planet, clearly somebody of his stature asking for this fight to the bosses (and not just to the media or over twitter) is not your usual call out.

Yes the fight makes sense given the history, but it's a combination of all these things that makes it an awesome fight.

Agreed.

It's amusing to see idiots keep saying St-Pierre is ducking Hendricks by choosing to fight Diaz. Yeah because St-Pierre runs ZUFFA...

If it was really all about that money, you know who he would have fought:

1342248390790-1.gif

TS is right...if Zuffa wanted GSP v. Hendricks thats the fight that would have been made...i dont think anyone would deny that Hendricks has earned his title shot but money talks so hes getting passed over for now for the bigger payday...it happened to Hendo...its happening to Hendricks...its unfair but thats how it goes...

Agreed with TS.

Diaz still has some value but his stock would drop to zero if he were to fight a wrestler like Kos, Fitch, Hendricks, etc, he would probably be held down for 2+ rounds and get a UD loss. Diaz-GSP will do a 3 million$ gate and 800k+ PPV buys.

You earn fights through more than just recent wins or losses, never mind being controversial. Diaz has earned his spot through his career resume being in some of the biggest and best fights, the best opponents. and posing possibly the most dangerous match up of GSP's career. Fans have wanted this fight for a very long time.

I feel where Johnny is coming from, but he has to appreciate this rare situation.

Unsettled business, I have nothing wrong with it. And as far as I can remember GSP has never asked for a fight before so, so its not like he ducks hip comp, he has fought everyone they have put at him. Let him get some personal time in now and then. Everyone talks about him when ever the p4p is mentioned, he deserves it by now.

There is one reason that GSP is fighting Diaz and not Hendricks next.

It's not because Diaz has earned it.

It's not because Georges "asked" for it.

It's because Zuffa wants it. End of story.

Dana, Lorenzo, and the UFC brand wants this fight because it's the logical move for them to milk this fight before it's too late.

Georges wanted to fight Diaz bad, but if Hendricks was the more lucrative option, and was a total wild card who could disappear at any minute, the UFC would throw Hendricks in with GSP without a second thought, and start their wonderful marketing of "This guy is the #1 contender, Georges hasn't fought anyone like this before"

How many of you guys honestly don't see this? Ever since the Diaz news was announced and this "GSP said Diaz", everyone here ate it up like Georges' opinion actually mattered to a guy like Dana.

DANA wanted Diaz. He's the boss, and he makes decisions, not GSP.

i guess that's why GSP is fighting anderson, you know the fight dana's been lobbying hardcore for.

herp derp

Back