I think something needs to be made clear regarding GSP "choosing" Diaz.

youandme

All on the DL.
@Brown
Reaction score
There is one reason that GSP is fighting Diaz and not Hendricks next.

It's not because Diaz has earned it.

It's not because Georges "asked" for it.

It's because Zuffa wants it. End of story.

Dana, Lorenzo, and the UFC brand wants this fight because it's the logical move for them to milk this fight before it's too late.

Georges wanted to fight Diaz bad, but if Hendricks was the more lucrative option, and was a total wild card who could disappear at any minute, the UFC would throw Hendricks in with GSP without a second thought, and start their wonderful marketing of "This guy is the #1 contender, Georges hasn't fought anyone like this before"

How many of you guys honestly don't see this? Ever since the Diaz news was announced and this "GSP said Diaz", everyone here ate it up like Georges' opinion actually mattered to a guy like Dana.

DANA wanted Diaz. He's the boss, and he makes decisions, not GSP.

Wow, Zuffa is in it only for the money

In other news, America invades Afghanistan

who gives a fuck, diaz is the better fight. UFC doesn't operate like a real sport anyway.. they have unfair and nonsensical match making all the time... not sure why people are butt hurt NOW all of a sudden.

In other words, no important person in mma gives one fuck about your opinion ts.

Did this need to be made into a new thread just to compete with the other thread on this? A reply would've sufficed.

who gives a fuck, diaz is the better fight. UFC doesn't operate like a real sport anyway.. they have unfair and nonsensical match making all the time... not sure why people are butt hurt NOW all of a sudden.

I do think it's pretty bush-league, but the point of this thread is. GSP saying "I want Diaz" is like saying "I want my One Hour lunch break starting at noon, just like every other day"

The boss wants it that way anyway. So I'm sure GSP said what he said, but because Dana has absolutely zero humility, or the slightest regard for his fighters, he can say this quote, but it sends the message "GSP handpicks opponents" it's his way of not saying "I WANT GSP VS. DIAZ"

hendricks is a relative unknown with no PPV draw that will probably KO GSP. Do you really think Dana and Co don't know the inevitable is coming? One last milking is needed before GSP's simple jab/shoot combo along with his questionable jaw that was cracked vs Carlos is exposed. That kick wasn't that strong and GSP almost got taken out... Hendricks has such a powerful punch it folded fitch like a blanket. He's got a good wrestling base that will help nullify GSP's TD's. GSP will be mad desperate to get the fight to the ground and that will be his downfall because once its stuffed BAM don't blink.

hendricks is a relative unknown with no PPV draw that will probably KO GSP. Do you really think Dana and Co don't know the inevitable is coming? One last milking is needed before GSP's simple jab/shoot combo along with his questionable jaw that was cracked vs Carlos is exposed. That kick wasn't that strong and GSP almost got taken out... Hendricks has such a powerful punch it folded fitch like a blanket. He's got a good wrestling base that will help nullify GSP's TD's. GSP will be mad desperate to get the fight to the ground and that will be his downfall because once its stuffed BAM don't blink.

I like Hendricks a lot but.... I don't think its gonna work out that way

There is one reason that GSP is fighting Diaz and not Hendricks next.

It's not because Diaz has earned it.

It's not because Georges "asked" for it.

It's because Zuffa wants it. End of story.

Exactly. This "GSP asked for it" crap is just what Dana pulls out of his butt when reporters ask him to defend the indefensible.

hendricks is a relative unknown with no PPV draw that will probably KO GSP. Do you really thi...

28240286.jpg

George wants that fight. If it were about the money they would make the Silva fight. They know they can make top dollar with Diaz and GSP knows he can win. It is win-win for GSP-UFC

Exactly. This "GSP asked for it" crap is just what Dana pulls out of his butt when reporters ask him to defend the indefensible.

Dana always puts it on someone else.

Always. It's despicable.

People need to realize this for all match ups.

All these mooks were clamoring for GSP to fight Diaz, now they're whining about it? Look, Diaz isn't that good. He wasn't that good before GSP beat Condit, he wasn't that good before BJ got whooped last Saturday. But he talks alot of trash and it's a fight people will watch, if only to see GSP give him a one sided beat down. Besides, GSP deserves an easy fight after his long layoff. Especially against someone who trash talked him. So enjoy the fight and quit whining.

i loled

Wether GSP wanted it or not .
I don't care because I want to see it .
Dana said a LONG TIME ago . I put on matches the fans want to see because I'm a fan .
I believe you Dana . I believe you .

Are you high?

Back