I think Lima has a solid chance against Rory

Kim Jong Un

Absolute Boss
@Brown
Reaction score
Lima is good at neutralizing guys and making a stalemate. I could see him holding off Rory and getting a split decision.

#BellatorTakeover

Lima is good at neutralizing guys and making a stalemate. I could see him holding off Rory and getting a split decision.

#BellatorTakeover

I agree he could win the first rounds. I worry about the gas tank though.

Lima can KO anyone with the amount of power he packs. Don't be surprised to see Lima stiffen Rory especially if Rory thinks this is an easy fight and gets overly aggressive.

War Lima!

#andstill

I like Lima, but he barely got past Larkin and he arguably lost those last 2 rounds.

Rory is on an entirely different level than Larkin and Lima and will maul Lima if he tries to cruise and point fight against him.

Rory is going to outclass him and make it look easy. Lima has no TDD,even Koreshkov who is a pure striker was able to systematically score takedowns against him for 7 rounds

And once again, Lima reminds us why Askren is the best WW in the world. Larin steamrolled everyone in the UFC at 70 and I really thought he won that Tumenov fight.

Lima has a fair shot. He has the power and the kick to hurt anyone. Larkin was engaging until he caught a couple of Low kicks and that left hooks. It seemed to me that he checked out of the fight after catching that left hook.
Dude went southpaw and didn't really commit to anything after that. That's the kind of power Lima has.

Rory is a beast though. He could definitely take Lima down and work him. Lima better be working on his tdd and sweeps. He will need them

Me too. Larkin is much more active and aggressive than Rory so I think Lima will be able to beat MacDonald.

He has to have an answer for the takedowns and/or getting up from takedowns. He definitely has a chance to win on the feet.

If Rory uses his wrestling he can score takedowns and make Lima very tentative on the feet, and then win a decision.

The thing is Lima is not a very "active" on the feet, which can play against him vs Rory. But Lima can end a fight at any moment win one punch.

I think it will either be a boring 5 rounds decision with Lima backing up and Rory striking at distance with takedowns, or Lima KTFOs him inside 2 rounds.

I haven't seen the fight, but I am still picking Rory when the two meet. When Rory backs his opponents into the cage and actually starts punching in combination instead of just jabbing from distance and throwing the occasional right hand, he is an absolute killer. Hell, when he starts ripping combos in close it might be one of my favorite things to watch in MMA! People have forgotten how good Rory is an I think people will be reminded once he gets his hands on Lima. I used to make fun of people who would declare that Rory was somehow the best fighter in the division even after he'd taken an L, but he most certainly is one of the best. When Bellator signed Rory they acquired a legitimate top 5 guy. While Lima is skilled, he hasn't faced such opposition in his career. It's asking for a very tall test to come out on the winning side against Rory. Wonderboy may have made it look it easy, but it sure as hell isn't.

If Rory can't take him down he's in trouble. Rory's never beaten a guy with the tools and the power Lima has on the feet.

If the same Rory shows up that went toe to toe with Robbie fucking Lawler I'm sorry Lima is in some trouble. It's just a question to ask if he can dig deep like that again and will his nose stay connected to his face.

Nah, I like Lima, but the way those guys fought this weekend....isn't enough for Rory. Rory will take him down like Askren did and finish him on the ground

Back