I think GSP is a fantastic human being but I need the Anderson fight before I die

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ohayou gozaimasu, Aug 19, 2018.

1. ohayou gozaimasu

ohayou gozaimasu Purple Belt Platinum Member

I am not a GSP fan. It seems to me that GSP fans want to see him get the LW strap. It would be an impressive accomplishment, but as a fight fan, I'm just not interested. I actually believe that he would beat Woodley. Depending on the circumstances, I could see him completely dominating him. I could see him getting clipped a few times, but if he is prepared he could probably avoid most things. I thought maybe he would've have gotten worse after being inactive for so long, but after seeing the Bisping fight, I can see that he is still the same fighter, if not better in some ways albeit older.

I'm not a fan of the way GSP has been managing his fights since he retired. The logical thing would be to go for the WW belt, which I think he could probably do. I had him beating Lawler when he was champ if he wanted to. GSP is the greatest WW of all time, there is no debating that. He is the champ at WW right now if he wants to.

He beat Bisping, which was impressive, but to me didn't add much to his legacy. GSP is a better fighter than Bisping. We all knew that. And he won the belt at MW. And then he vacated because he didn't want to face the killers at MW. If GSP were to go back to WW and get the belt again, I think that does more for his legacy than anything. More than going DOWN in weight and getting the LW belt.

Dana said GSP wants one off big money fights. I don't care what anybody says, this fight would still do huge numbers despite Anderson not being what he used to be. It would be the biggest fight GSP could get outside of the Conor fight. Even bigger than the Woodley fight. Or Khabib. GSP and fight fans would tune into both of those fights, but the Anderson fight has a much broader appeal. They both have name recognition. Back when I started watching MMA, there were only a few household names. GSP and Anderson were two of them. Casuals still know who they are and even if they don't know anything about what's going on in MMA right now, they will still be piqued by a fight between these two legends and superstars. The Anderson fight is the biggest money fight (outside of Conor) that GSP will get for the rest of his career. I'm sure he knows this deep inside. I do not want to accuse him of ducking. GSP fans seem to rationalize that the Anderson fight is stupid. I think they do this because they fear he could lose to Anderson. Do I think GSP fears losing to Anderson? I don't know, but it is a possibility. Or maybe his fans believe that GSP will blow Anderson out of the water and that it does nothing for his legacy. That could very well happen and I think that is what would probably happen if they fought right now. So if that's the case, why not do it and make a boatload of money? GSP fans, I know your loyalty to GSP is strong, but as a fight fan, don't you want to see this mythological superfight even a little bit?

The size difference between him and Anderson would not be that great if GSP came into the fight the way he did against Bisping.

Talks about this fight have been around since I started watching the sport. And the potential and opportunity to make it is RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW. As a fight fan I need this fight before I die. MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!!!!!!

GSP IF YOU'RE READING THIS... THIS GIF DIDN'T BECOME A MEME FOR NOTHING. COME GET THIS PAPER GSP!!!

<209Bitch>

[​IMG]

Conor Bless

{<Mcgoat}

2. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Black Belt

nah he shouldnt have to fight a roider. comon man. thats just not safe.

Arm Barbarian likes this.
  3. det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek Brown Belt

This fight is gone already. Let it go. Anderson is past 40yo and has no chin anymore. He would have KO'd GSP though.

4. Yari

Yari ななせまる

Let's do it.

5. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good Yellow Card

You NEEDED the GSP Silva fight. You don't need it any more.

6. Hypetrainofthemonth

Hypetrainofthemonth Green Belt

Too bad the iron is luke warm at best.

Kenny Powerth and LouisBolanos like this.
  7. nanika

nanika Brown Belt

Might as well do it. The familiar names are retiring or getting older.

8. ohayou gozaimasu

ohayou gozaimasu Purple Belt Platinum Member

9. HNIC215

HNIC215 Semper Fidelis...

GSP doesn't need to fight Silva...

I'd rather see him fight where he belongs... at welterweight or lightweight. Alongside fighters who are similar to him in weight.

More so lightweight since he's already dominated welterweight for so many years and has no intention of being an active champ in that division.

10. filthynumber1

filthynumber1 Silver Belt

that ship has sailed long ago

let it go

11. Sansnom

Sansnom Red Belt

This is 2018, no one gives a shit about Anderson Silva, at least not the casuals.

Are you seriously trying to say that a title fight vs Khabib wouldn't be bigger than a fight against Anderson? Lmao

Khabib is already more popular than 2018 Anderson Silva. And the upcoming Conor fight will make Khabib an even bigger star just like the Nate Diaz fight made Nate a star.

GSP fighting Conor or even Khabib is a way bigger draw than GSP vs Silva would be.

Silva is 43 ffs and past his prime. He couldn't get past Bisping. That fight is meaningless.

lsa, Yukito, Arm Barbarian and 2 others like this.
  12. tasticles

tasticles Red Belt

Yeah that's a good point. I don't think It would be good for Silva either.

13. Lethal Hands

Lethal Hands Blue Belt

GSP has been ducking Anderson for a decade..

14. Sansnom

Sansnom Red Belt

Also, GSP came back down from MW. Do you really think he's going to go back up? Not a chance.

He's either going to try and take the winner of Khabib/Conor or maybe take a big fight at WW.

If things don't pan out and there is nothing that interests him in the near future, I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire. He doesn't need the money.

15. Chain Saw

Chain Saw Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

GSP is no lightweight...

16. CombatCyborg

CombatCyborg Black Belt

It should've happened a long time ago but Chuck/Wand was still a decent fight, no reason why it shouldn't happen now that GSP has less to lose.

17. MuyThaiElbows

MuyThaiElbows Silver Belt

GSP will never accept that fight.

18. AC1D1K

AC1D1K Red Belt

Ddint reas a word of that. Your "needs" are extravagant . im sorry u have a life of disappointment

19. AC1D1K

AC1D1K Red Belt

Yeah that sorta happens when your oppenent is a known drug cheat

Yukito and Arm Barbarian like this.
  20. DaveDaveDave321

DaveDaveDave321 Banned Banned

Ffs didnt read a word ts..but andy makes george quit..and its not even close. Would have done in their primes..and even at 40plus.

AC1D1K likes this.