I really don't get the whole 145 belt drama here...

Conor already said he has no intentions of giving the belt up. He said he's gonna rule the 145 and 155 divisions simultaneously after beating Alvarez. Aldo (or whoever takes Aldo's place if he really does leave) is likely next in line if Conor beats Alvarez like most people expect him to.

Conor already said he has no intentions of giving the belt up. He said he's gonna rule the 145 and 155 divisions simultaneously after beating Alvarez. Aldo (or whoever takes Aldo's place if he really does leave) is likely next in line if Conor beats Alvarez like most people expect him to.

Oh please.. if Conor loses against Eddie he will continue getting instant rematches until he wins.. and thats how its going to be until he retires

He was supposed to defend the FW title after Nate choked him out, but did that happen? Of course not. You are naive to think he ever risks putting a belt on the line

Oh please.. if Conor loses against Eddie he will continue getting instant rematches until he wins.. and thats how its going to be until he retires

He was supposed to defend the FW title after Nate choked him out, but did that happen? Of course not. You are naive to think he ever risks putting a belt on the line

Nah, I actually think White will tell Conor that it's finally time to defend the FW Title or give it up if he loses to Alvarez. He didn't defend the FW Title after Nate beat him because he was obsessed with avenging that loss. And now that he did, he wants to revisit his quest to become a two-division champion.

Hypothetically, if RDA never pulls out and Conor wins the LW Title at 196, then he probably defends the FW Title at UFC 200, or at 205 at the latest.

Nah, I actually think White will tell Conor that it's finally time to defend the FW Title or give it up if he loses to Alvarez. He didn't defend the FW Title after Nate beat him because he was obsessed with avenging that loss. And now that he did, he wants to revisit his quest to become a two-division champion.

Hypothetically, if RDA never pulls out and Conor wins the LW Title at 196, then he probably defends the FW Title at UFC 200, or at 205 at the latest.

Oh so naive.. and what if Eddie wins? Will Conor be obsessed with avenging that loss too?

White apparently also said that Conor HAS to defend or vacate, but look at how that turned out
UFC has become a joke thanks to Conor, and his idiotic fans who support this fuckery

Looks like Conor can hold that belt forever, and it seems like it is all about holding that belt, and not about the legacy . I mean Conor and Dana does not care about Conor being a legit champ, just a title holder. Yes he did get it with an amazing13 second KO, but right now it has been 3 fights for Conor and he did not defend it once. He is starting to became just a paper champ.
So here is what I don't get, why not drop that belt, fight Alvarez, and if he wins, he can fight for that 145 belt as soon as he wants it. It is not like he is a legit two division champ in this case,even if he beats Alvarez, because he did not defend neither belt. If he wants to be legit, he can drop the 145 belt, everybody will be happy, fans,Aldo,the hole 145 division and Dana can have a good night sleep . Get the 155 belt and then fight Aldo once again and hold the two belts at the same time like a real champ. I mean he has no other choice for being legit, if he holds on to it, he still has to defend the 145 belt, so he and the UFC does not gain much whit this hole drama.
I agree with you.
Heck, even if he relinquish the belt and never goes down for it again, people would always consider him a champ.
But the longer he holds without defending it, the more people realize he is not really the 145 champ.

I think Cain,Cruz and all others holding on to the belt is different, because they were injured. Injury prevents you to fight anybody, Conor on the other hand just went up 2 weight classes and fought a nonsense fight, just for the money.
Then he got choked the fuck out and he got a rematch,with one condition, after that he defends the belt.
Now even that was just wrong,but hey its Conor,so Dana and co says what the fuck he is the magic leprechaun with the golden pot, so why not an other money fight .( however the real money fight for Conor right now is GSP. )
It is ok it seems to put money fights in front of everything that makes sense now, but to hold on to a belt,witch who knows when will be defended is just stupid. If he loses to Alvarez, then he picks a rematch with Alvarez.
Its like a video game, where eventually you as a player will be champ, because you play as much rematches as you please,until you are the king.

The only guy I can think of in the history of the sport that deserved a shot more than Edgar was Dos Santos with his first one.
Aldo has just beat a top 5 GOAT, after 10 years of dominance. Weidman, Silva, Cruz, Rousey, not one of them deserved their title rematch as much as Aldo does right now.
Other than that we have a guy on a 9 fight win streak that isn't even in the discussion, and Choi and Yair Rodriguez aren't too far from the mix either.
Every single one of the guys I mentioned deserves a shot over Mcgregor (who hasn't won a fight at LW in a major org). Its embarrassing for the sport that the champ can come back having lost 2 of his last 3 and defend his belt.
Conor fans are going to lose interest as soon as he goes. Pandering to them at the cost of everyone else involved in the sport is very shortsighted
I agree if it's anyone then Aldo on his past merits alone deserves it but it's not like the division Hasn't stagnated in the past because of Aldo's in activity. Fair enough he's been injured but the guy hardly fought himself . He had like 7 fights in nearly 5 years. Or something.

It is bullshit that he won the 145 title and has never defended it. No over fighter would ever get away with that.
Aldo twice went longer without defending it, Fedor went like 8 fights before defending his Pride belt so you are wrong.

If paper champ, means money champ, then yes.

Holding onto the FW belt increases Conor's money value on his quest to win a belt in another division. That's why he's not dropping the belt.

He's not out to build a legacy as a dominant champ. We have seen that with Fedor, Aldo, Silva, etc... everyone eventually falls.

He's out to build a legacy as someone who has revolutionized the game and became a millionaire because of it. This is exactly why he's doing all the things he's doing.
...and in doing so the sport has become a complete joke where the only ones benefiting are UFC, Conor, and whoever he picks to fight next.

Or if he wins the lw belt , he could defend the fw belt next and if he keeps fighting every 3 months it will be defend fw in Feb 17 . So stop crying people enjoy the show, never Seen Such a bunch of crybaby fans in any sport ever , it's as bad as fans that bitch about how much money fighters make.. who fucking cares I don't see fighters lobbying your work place to up your wages ya goofs

Last edited:
What stupid logic. Anyone who will actually defend it deserves it more.

Only complete noobs like to pretend that Aldo couldn't do a lot more in a rematch.
What's aldo gonna do huh ? He is shorter, lighter , smaller reach he is slower of hand and foot and has less power . Nice leg kicks but c'mon let's be honest it's not like aldo is gonna go in there and put a striking clinic on . He will have to try and implement a grind and wrestle strategy if he can do that he has a chance if not he will lose again , the dude is already mentally checked out .

How long did it take Pettis to defend his title? 18 months

How about Cain Velasquez? 13 months

Hell Aldo took more than a year to defend the belt on three different occasions.

McG doesn't defend the belt for 9 months and the world goes crazy.
Exactly people need to relax , funny thing is they were bitching as early as March saying how aldo would fuck him up in a rematch and he would fight him in the streets , rda gets injured and they call aldo and ........crickets..... he wasn't ready when he said he would be . Aldo doesn't really want the fight just more money

That's part of the whole problem, you don't make an interim belt because the champ is out for three months. That's preposterous. Where was the interim belt for HW while Cain sits out years? In any case his bout against Aldo was a unification not a defence.
They made interim 8months after aldo/mendes2 They made interim 6months after aldo/ McGregor, aldo didn't defend the title until 14 months after Chad 2 fight . If they fall into the same pattern conor will defend fw belt in February 2017

Anybody can "hold" a belt. This BS line that the UFC, Conor and his fans are selling about being the 1st fighter to "hold" 2 belts is ridiculous. Its not difficult at all to "hold" 2 belts.

There's a reason why when the GOAT discussion comes up, the top 3 names just happen to be fighters who didn't just "hold" a belt. Its champions that defended the belt. Multiple times. Across multiple years. Against multiple opponents, some of which they had already beaten once.

Conor talking like "holding" a belt is some sort of accomplishment.<41>

They made interim 8months after aldo/mendes2 They made interim 6months after aldo/ McGregor, aldo didn't defend the title until 14 months after Chad 2 fight . If they fall into the same pattern conor will defend fw belt in February 2017

Blame the UFC. They're the ones who insisted on a prolonged World Media Tour. Aldo was ready to fight in March of that year. He doesn't schedule when PPVs take place.

Blame the UFC. They're the ones who insisted on a prolonged World Media Tour. Aldo was ready to fight in March of that year. He doesn't schedule when PPVs take place.
No he just pulls out right ? Cause he sure wasn't ready for 196 when he Said he would be

What gets me is the people saying he is afraid of aldo , how can anybody come to that conclusion? He stalked / harassed the man for years and humiliated him with a 13 second ko and than aldo ducks the rematch at 196 but McGregor is scared

No he just pulls out right ? Cause he sure wasn't ready for 196 when he Said he would be
No. Like I said. He was ready to fight but the UFC wanted a World Press Tour instead. And you're right. He wasn't ready for 196. And there's a slim chance that he would have been licensed to fight anyway considering his medical suspension lasted until the 1st week of February.

What gets me is the people saying he is afraid of aldo , how can anybody come to that conclusion? He stalked / harassed the man for years and humiliated him with a 13 second ko and than aldo ducks the rematch at 196 but McGregor is scared
lol. Why the hell did Conor get to rematch Nate despite the fact he got knocked around the octagon, turned into a panic wrestler, got chocked out and actually tapped twice in the process?

But Aldo is crazy for wanting a rematch. Jesus.

Back