I quit caffeine

facePuncher7

Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army
@Brown
Reaction score
Quit a week ago. Previously was on 1 regular cappuccino (no sugar) per day.

I know that doesn't sound like much to a lot of people but my sleep has improved dramatically, went from 5-6 hours of bad sleep a night to a restful 7-8. Feel like I can think more clearly. Also my cravings for junk food have been non-existent, just in general feeling very well over this last week.

Only part that sucked was that for about a day and a half after stopping I had an incredible headache and no energy at all, felt like I could have slept for 2 days straight.

Anyone else so easily affected by such a small amount of caffeine?

Have friends that drink 5-6 times what I do and they're fine with it.

Some people just can't handle it. I can have a couple of cups of coffee, a red bull and a 5 hour energy in a day and sleep fine.

Meanwhile my buddy gets massive migraines from caffeine

I used to drink coffee all day and when I quit I felt the same thing. Sleep improved drastically. I'm back off the wagon now though but I don't drink near as much. I've almost completely switched to green tea. Only reason I still drink coffee is it's much easier to get at work

I work 3rd shift and am basically depending on an energy drink to get me through the night.

I usually have 3-4 cups of coffee a morning. I find I only sleep like shit sometimes if I drink coffee after lunch time.

I have caffeine in pre workouts and caffeine pills. i sleep fine.

Can't imagine giving this up. Frankly, for any reason.

I used to drink 1 full cup per day. Quit for a few months with occasional cups if I need it, then got back to it by drinking a cup every other day. Now I drink half a cup everyday. Half a cup is all I need and I think its the same for most people.

Do NOT drink Starbucks or anything similar as they likely have 2x the same caffeine content a regular cop does.

nobody likes a quitter.

I drink about 3 cups of coffee per day.

No problem sleeping because I drink 4 beers

I drink about 6-8 cups a day, never had any sleep issues.

How much caffeine were you consuming? Were you just gushing down coffee, tea, energy drinks and caffeine pills?

It's actually a healthy habit to have one or two cups of black coffee and green tea each day, since both have antioxidants. As long as the amount is not excessive, caffeine wouldn't be a problem. For me personally, I drink a cup of black coffee and two cups of green tea daily.

I consume 800mg to 1200mg of caffeine daily. Sleep just fine.

It's just part of my diet at this point. I can slam 5 cups of strong coffee and immediately go to sleep if I want

I don't drink caffeine either. If it drink any after lunch it has a noticeable effect on my sleep. The problem is I like coffee, and there aren't many good brands of decaffeinated coffee.

I have caffeine... Can't imagine giving this up. Frankly, for any reason.
If you don't lay off caffeine, we'll kill this dog.
phrbg.jpg

Some people just can't handle it. I can have a couple of cups of coffee, a red bull and a 5 hour energy in a day and sleep fine.

Meanwhile my buddy gets massive migraines from caffeine
I've got two little kids I can probably drive k coffee like a fiend and still sleep 8 hours .

#1 stimulant in the world.

Might actually be beneficial health wise, if used responsibly.

Quit a week ago. Previously was on 1 regular cappuccino (no sugar) per day.

I know that doesn't sound like much to a lot of people but my sleep has improved dramatically, went from 5-6 hours of bad sleep a night to a restful 7-8. Feel like I can think more clearly. Also my cravings for junk food have been non-existent, just in general feeling very well over this last week.

Only part that sucked was that for about a day and a half after stopping I had an incredible headache and no energy at all, felt like I could have slept for 2 days straight.

Anyone else so easily affected by such a small amount of caffeine?

Have friends that drink 5-6 times what I do and they're fine with it.

I try to stay away from it because a little bit of caffeine, like you, fucks my shit up too. If I drink a Coke or coffee in the morning to noonish, my sleep will be wrecked. I'd never wake up feeling rested.

Caffeine can affect your REM sleep. This matters more if you do a sport or are active. No REM sleep means your central nervous system isn't able to recover and you can end up with adrenal fatigue, where your body feels terrible and sluggish and you end up sleeping throughout the day and night to pay off all the sleep debt from your incomplete sleep cycles.

Caffeine also causes the release of cortisol, a stress hormone, and also the hormone which leds to hypertension and early death if your levels stay too high. So not only are you disturbing your sleep which affects your recovery, but your body is pumped full of cortisol at the same time. That's why you're starting to feel more rested now that you've stopped.

Always felt better off the stuff. Caffeine is a hard habit to kick though.

Last edited:
I’ve basically quit drinking caffeine completely (tea instead of coffee for me) because I get awful headaches after about a day without it, I also get nauseous with the headaches. I never noticed it affecting my sleep though

Back