I now know why gsp ducked Anderson, Cruz ducked fw, mm ducked Tj, Conor ducked Edgar

Conor: I have no problem making 145
Kavanagh: Conor can never make 145 again!
*fights Nate at 170 twice and then gets a shot at the 155 belt*

How convenient that he just happened to never fight Frankie.... o_O
Only reason he ever fought Nate is because RDA dropped out of the LW title fight. Conor could have just sat and waited for RDA to come back, but he fought for our entertainment

Why did Anderson duck Shogun and Jones?

Why did Aldo duck LW?

Enlighten me TS

Nothing to spin--actually I'd saw that it takes spin to call this ducking.

The Champ and Flyweight GOAT didn't want to sign up to fight a guy who had never fought in the weight class.

A guy who is asking for the organization he fights for to show him the respect he has absolutely earned didn't want to help Dana and the UFC turn him into a sideshow.

The only way I can see any merit to the ducking accusation is that he wanted to secure the all-time UFC title defence record before taking a big a risk by fighting a guy from a higher weight class.

Now that he's set the record, if the UFC wants to give him superfight money to make that superfight with TJ I'd be willing to bet he'd do it. The timing and reasoning before just didn't make sense from his perspective.

I mean, would anyone have called it ducking if Anderson Silva had refused to fight the 2nd or 3rd ranked LHW when he was on his epic title defense run, for his title? No way. The only reason DJ is being accused of ducking is because people don't respect him or his achievements the way they did Silva or GSP. I didn't see anyone accusing Aldo of ducking because he didn't fight the top lightweights. I don't remember anyone telling Cruz he had to fight Aldo or else they'd can the bantamweight division.

IMO this was a situation created by the Dana and the UFC hoping to cash in and when MM wouldn't comply they used it as a way to drag his name through the mud.
Just cause u wrote a book on the topic doesn't mean it isnt complete bs. TJ is more qualified person than anyone who has fought for that belt. MM ducked him hard saying TJ wouldn't make wait and needed a win aswell. Then a 2-1 bum got a undeserved shot and couldn't even wieght in. MM is a glorified micro can crusher

cause mindless posters here are guaranteed to set up man made axioms (" DERP YOU CANT DUCK SOMEONE NOT IN YOUR WEIGHTCLASS") or make pathetic excuses for their favorite fighter.

The worst has to be bisping ducking contenders back to back and then reading some of the posts here validating the ducking by saying bisping had no choice in the matter, or that bisping has paid his dues and has the right to desecrate the title by being shook. It's cringeworthy, and I'm ashamed of the ducking, but more ashamed of the tools who are excusing it.

Well, if you can duck people out of your weight class, then everyone who isn't fighting HW is ducking every HW. So that means every LHW, every MW, every WW, every LW, every FW, every BW is ducking.

Because if you're not fighting the biggest guys you're ducking them.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you include Anderson ducking Jones and Jones ducking Cain? The only reason I can think of is because you like Anderson and Jones, so don't consider their not fighting heavier guys ducking.

Ducking now seems to mean nothing more than "I don't like this fighter". Pretty meaningless word.

Ducking has always had a specific meaning - it was a champ who refused to give a title shot to a top contender. People who want to change that meaning are just proving they don't have the creativity to come up with a new word for what they mean - and what they mean is someone who doesn't want to fight outside of their weight class.

I'm open to the idea of getting rid of weight classes. But to have weight classes and then say you're ducking if you stay in your weight class is just silly.

Maybe not personally, but Dana and UFC wanted nothing to do with this match-up. Dana start leaving before Frankie's fights for crying out loud. <Lmaoo>
That match up wasn't available for conor until he was champion, in which he left. Halloway was still the clear #1

Only reason he ever fought Nate is because RDA dropped out of the LW title fight. Conor could have just sat and waited for RDA to come back, but he fought for our entertainment
Exactly. Nobody is mad at Mendes for losing to Conor fighting on a short notice. Conor’s situation was similar in the Nate’s first fight.

Just cause u wrote a book on the topic doesn't mean it isnt complete bs. TJ is more qualified person than anyone who has fought for that belt. MM ducked him hard saying TJ wouldn't make wait and needed a win aswell. Then a 2-1 bum got a undeserved shot and couldn't even wieght in. MM is a glorified micro can crusher
I can agree to disagree on whether or not we think he was ducking TJ, but no way I'm ever going to concede that he's just a glorified can crusher.

He's beaten 6 of the 9 fighters ranked 2-10 IN HIS DIVISION and the highest ranked guy he hasn't fought lost to the guy he just beat, so he's basically run over his division.

If someone wants his title, tell them to cut to 125 and take on the #1 contender.
If they make weight and win then DJ has no excuse.
Until then, he doesn't need one.

By your logic, every champ whose ever lived is a can crusher if they haven't fought a top 5 contender from the next division up during their title reign, and that's just ridiculous.

Don't forget Bones ducking Shael.

Never Forget.

cause mindless posters here are guaranteed to set up man made axioms (" DERP YOU CANT DUCK SOMEONE NOT IN YOUR WEIGHTCLASS") or make pathetic excuses for their favorite fighter.

The worst has to be bisping ducking contenders back to back and then reading some of the posts here validating the ducking by saying bisping had no choice in the matter, or that bisping has paid his dues and has the right to desecrate the title by being shook. It's cringeworthy, and I'm ashamed of the ducking, but more ashamed of the tools who are excusing it.
You get an automatic 'like'from me based on Bisping comments alone.....and he ducked back to back to back (Souza, Mousasi and Romero)..
He was "too injured" to fight jacare.
Fighting Gegard was " bad for business "
Romero "once a cheat ,always a cheat".
Bisping makes my stomach turn....really- once THEE most talent rich class (as far as top heavy) in the entire mma- community has been reduced to a bad joke.
Its fucking disgusting. The last " real title fight at 185" was UFC 194 when Weidman fought Rockhold.
We're approaching UFC 217 and he's fighting a welterweight next.
The word "unbelievable " is used too often in spots where some sort of embellishment is in effect.

This is truly unbelievable.

I can agree to disagree on whether or not we think he was ducking TJ, but no way I'm ever going to concede that he's just a glorified can crusher.

He's beaten 6 of the 9 fighters ranked 2-10 IN HIS DIVISION and the highest ranked guy he hasn't fought lost to the guy he just beat, so he's basically run over his division.

If someone wants his title, tell them to cut to 125 and take on the #1 contender.
If they make weight and win then DJ has no excuse.
Until then, he doesn't need one.

By your logic, every champ whose ever lived is a can crusher if they haven't fought a top 5 contender from the next division up during their title reign, and that's just ridiculous.
No by my logic MM divsion made completely of cans should never even been created. He was wrongfully awarded the belt to begin with and when finally given a real opponent, he grows a bill and webbed feet. A duck is a duck and a can is a can what more can i say

MM didn't want any of TJ. Don't know how you can spin that another way.

Why ppl keep saying that?

Didn’t tj got murkd by Dodson (the guy dj handled easily not once, but twice)?

Conor would knock Edgar into next week.

Putting Bisping ducking legitimate contenders in HIS weight division next to MM not fighting someone in the weight division above him is completely ridiculous. They aren't remotely the same thing.

People are so butthurt that MM wrecks his division so hard. People actually want to hate on him because he has yet to fight someone FAR bigger than him outside his weight class. That just proves how awesome MM is.

Back