I miss UFC events in the middle of the week

Yeah... these shit APEX cards could easily fit mid week.

I'm not wasting my saturday night on watching the shit card they put today but maybe I would watch the whole card while I'm doing other stuff mid week.

I'm interested in 2 or maybe 3 fights at most.

The sole purpose of those mid-week UFC's was to pressure Bellator (or perhaps other orgs too...) who had events on that same night... but I recall Bellator mostly. Bellator didn't want to try & compete their event against the UFC, so they were doing it on Wed. I watched teh UFC throw a card together in a matter of weeks in order to fook with them, and it was very obvious that's what they were doing.

Once the Monopoly lawsuits started coming in, the UFC did a complete flip, and even started helping other orgs. They started letting some of their biggest names go to be scooped up by Bellator. I recall Bader, Rory, & Ben Henderson all being let go around this time, & I couldn't comprehend it in any other way except that they needed to beef up Bellator so that they had legit competition from another org. Bellator had been in the red for its entire run up until then, and it still took them a few years to become profitable. (...if they ever did.)

Anywayz... I don't think they're going to go that route any more... but who knowz, maybe they'll get a sweet deal to host on a network channel during the week.
I loved Bellator friday night tournament cards. I actually miss that.

I remember coming home from a long week of work and watching some lower level MMA fights just to chill and enjoy some violence. I could not care less if they were big names or not.. but I remember watching guys like Doug Marshall or even Alexander Volkov in his earlier stages.

PFL did the friday thing but the "smart cage" and the shady tournament format does not do much for me. I also have not a legal way to watch it here and Bellator used to be on FOX Sports back then.

Fam they had #PowerSlap on a Wed and now on Fri but I ain't see you there so is you about dis life or not fam? Ain't no disrespect my guy just keepin' it a buck you feel me ting is mad lit check it out I bet you be a fan not even aboot day of da week its da whole vibe fam get in dat slap wave u ain't nvr see MMA same 🌊 💯🦌

Dear diary..

It’s 2024. A different time, and place. You can watch DWCS when it’s on. You are NOT going to get any other midweek fights from the UFC. The tv contracts are what dictates all of this. And is quite literally just plain common sense.

And we just had this exact same thread last week, ffs.

I’d love to have that on occasion, something to look forward to after work and help get through a long week. But I doubt they’ll do it.

Contender Series. Best 10 weeks of the year.

Nah, they suck, if they start too early you miss fights because you are at work, if they start too late you miss fights because you have to get up for work.
That's too responsible my man. We should be scheduling the fights to suit bums not hardworking responsible citizens. How dare you!

I agree. That's why DWCS is excellent. 5 fights on a Tuesday night. It's perfect.

These are the only good cards at the Apex.

They go so much harder than the UFC fighters because they know what's on the line.

Some of these cards are better than the weekend UFC ones.

Fam they had #PowerSlap on a Wed and now on Fri but I ain't see you there so is you about dis life or not fam? Ain't no disrespect my guy just keepin' it a buck you feel me ting is mad lit check it out I bet you be a fan not even aboot day of da week its da whole vibe fam get in dat slap wave u ain't nvr see MMA same 🌊 💯🦌

Isn't keeping it a buck referring to money not actual bucks the animal? No one calls them that in US. You can't even pretend to be black right. Cringe af

Isn't keeping it a buck referring to money not actual bucks the animal? No one calls them that in US. You can't even pretend to be black right. Cringe af

Why u tink I'm acting black fam das racist all due respect fam. Prolly go read what dem dark skinz inda States be goin Tru give you some perspective on life u sound poor fam

These are the only good cards at the Apex.

They go so much harder than the UFC fighters because they know what's on the line.

Some of these cards are better than the weekend UFC ones.

It's a horrible, horrible format for the fighters, but it's entertaining, short, and high stakes.

Usually matchmaking is good, too. Only occasionally do you notice them trying to shoehorn a specific fighter on to the main roster.

The fact it's midweek is welcome, too.

It'll be August or something until the next season, though, right?

Imagine paying for a green name to troll this badly and not get banned smh

Bro* why u talkin rn? Green name's on dem Jamaican vibez fam only a few bucks 🦌🦌🦌 I can spot you if you want fam ain't no ting just gotta promise no more racism tho

*or gyal or dem, I ain't tryna assume your body your choice typa ting #Respect and #Inclusivity

Last edited:
Even the occasional 3 nights in a row was cool

Back