I Just Had An MRI

I had an MRI once when I was 20 years old for my shoulder. An odd experience, quite different than CT scans, which I’ve had four of for my kidney stones.

When I had my first MRI in 1991 they were just starting to use their new MRI and they had to keep re-scanning because something wasn't coming out right. My shoulders didn't fit so I had to raise one up to fit in the tube. I spent nearly 2 hours in the tube and I was wondering if they were going to have to tie a rope to my legs and pull me out. That's when I really noticed that my eyes wouldn't focus on anything close. I had to close my eyes to stop them from trying to focus then I fell asleep. The noise sounded like sleeping under a running diesel engine. When I saw the doctor, he was wondering why one shoulder was up in the scans and I told him they didn't fit in the tube laying flat. I had a couple of scans in an open MRI machine. The last scan I had was for a shoulder and they found a torn rotator cuff and a torn bicep tendon. They had a larger diameter machine in a city 20 miles from my house and my shoulders could lay flat in that one.

giphy.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!
That was a freaking nightmare LoL
I thought I had one before but I guess I was thinking of a CT Scan, this was a million times scarier
I was legit having a claustrophobic anxiety attack stuck in that tiny ass tube for 15 minutes of pure hell

The wall was only like two inches from my face and that shit triggered my darkest fears hella hard

When I was a little kid I used to have nightmares that I was trapped in a tube just like that and it would give me anxiety attacks while I was sleeping
This brought all that memories back

I legit had to keep calming myself down and reminding me that it was only 15 times and just keep your eyes closed and it would start working but then the loud ass alarm sound that was squealing my ear drums deaf the whole time i was in there would quiet for a second so I would peek my eyes open and see the wall of death closing in on me again and my anxiety would be off to the races once more

Fuck waterboarding, you wanna torture a terrorist put him in an MRI machine

giphy.gif
Yeah there are cooler things to do out there.

You think that's bad? I had to wear this mask AND get in the MRI for 45 minutes.

image5.jpg
far out. Im not claustrophobic but the last MRI I had I had to wear a mask as it was the middle of covid. I was about to have a full on panic attack as I couldnt breath. Luckily they let me not wear it . I reckon Id freak out wearing that

Yeah I had one of those back in march for my brain. Yeah it's very claustrophobic and the sounds are deafening and annoying. Luckily I was wearing ear plugs. I had to keep my eyes closed the whole time, but I opened for a millisecond just to see what was going on in there. It felt a longer than it was. Definitely not pleasurable, but worth it to see what's going on with your brain.

The last time I had an MRI, I made the mistake of allowing them to put headphones on me. It's their idea of relaxing you. The problem is, the music was fucking appalling.

Other than that, I don't have any real problems with an MRI. I just close my eyes and relax.

Had one for torn ACL.
Bro, it's only my knee, can't there be a smaller machine to just stick your leg in?
They put me in that gigantic machine and told me oh it's just a two ton magnet circling you at immense speed, don't worry about it.
it's quite an experience.

The last time I had an MRI, I made the mistake of allowing them to put headphones on me. It's their idea of relaxing you. The problem is, the music was fucking appalling.

Other than that, I don't have any real problems with an MRI. I just close my eyes and relax.
You don't talk shit about air supply. Don't make me put you on my BKFC record.

Last edited:
This tell me that the badass male is a dying breed for sure...

I better had to do a lot of MRI rather than some scrupulous CT scan series.
For example when they handled me ( older times ) me thick packages with CT slides...and you know that in general Rtg had been used... in " slices " ....so for long term CT is more impactful stuff.

For example you usually might get MRI or USG if you have enough $ even without serious reason.
While for CT and Rtg definitely they will need order from doctor and serious reason.

giphy.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!
That was a freaking nightmare LoL
I thought I had one before but I guess I was thinking of a CT Scan, this was a million times scarier
I was legit having a claustrophobic anxiety attack stuck in that tiny ass tube for 15 minutes of pure hell

The wall was only like two inches from my face and that shit triggered my darkest fears hella hard

When I was a little kid I used to have nightmares that I was trapped in a tube just like that and it would give me anxiety attacks while I was sleeping
This brought all that memories back

I legit had to keep calming myself down and reminding me that it was only 15 times and just keep your eyes closed and it would start working but then the loud ass alarm sound that was squealing my ear drums deaf the whole time i was in there would quiet for a second so I would peek my eyes open and see the wall of death closing in on me again and my anxiety would be off to the races once more

Fuck waterboarding, you wanna torture a terrorist put him in an MRI machine

giphy.gif
you think that was bad, wait til you get the bill.

Is it suicide if someone swallowed 100 nuts and went in there?

Talking about the metal kind that thread on to bolts not the ones you guys are familiar with.

I do however agree MRI sucks.

Also fuck the T-3000. But gives me anxiety still.

Are you sure about that........

Man, I hate those things. Loud and cramped. I just did a stress test and cardiac imaging thing and I hated being tied to IVs and monitors. I had the shits from Chipotle the day before and it was stressful.

Yeah they do suck. The 1st one is the worst. Especially a back issue for your 1st since you have to go in all the way. If you need another and have the same experience then request an open one. I've had 6 of them for hand, shoulder and back issues. The last one was about a year ago and the facility changed to an open one and said they are phasing out the tube coffins. Wasn't charged extra or anything. Lot of people are claustrophobic but don't find out until shoved into that thing.

I'm definitely asking for an open one if I ever have to do it again, or a prescription for some of that good dope!

Your last sentence perfectly explains my experience yesterday, I had no idea til that moment lol

See if the upcoming powerful solar flare gives you superpowers. The TV said a long time ago, powerful solar flare put so much energy into the air that the old messaging system unplugged from power was able to transmit signals.

Shout out to Hecklefish

From the fall down the escalator? Or was it fucked up before?

Either way, hope you see some improvement, shermano

Escalator didnt help but its been jacked for years, its calcified, fused and full of arthritis in my neck which is why Im partially paralyzed and the bottom is twisted like a road map

Plus its giving me pinched nerves which is why Im weak in my arms and legs

I did a lotta hard living in my younger and more vulnerable years and now its all coming back on me just like they said it would!
Assholes!

Back