I gag when i wear a mouthpiece

BatGosho

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So I am going to fight in my first amateur mma fight in a few weeks and I still cant get used to wearing a mouthpiece.Every time I put it in my mouth I start gagging and I feel I am about to throw up.It fits well in my mouth it doesnt fall off or feel lose but I just cant help but gag when I put it in.I clipped off some of its back but i still cant get used to it.I dont want to start gagging in the middle of the fight so I would really appreciate some advice on how to overcome my gag reflex.
(Sorry about my English btw)

Cut it even shorter at the back until it doesn't gag you.

If cheaper options don't work, see a dentist and get one made specifically such that you won't gag on it. Very strange that you aren't used to wearing a mouthguard but are going into your first amateur bout.

If cheaper options don't work, see a dentist and get one made specifically such that you won't gag on it. Very strange that you aren't used to wearing a mouthguard but are going into your first amateur bout.
Thanks for the advice I will see if I can afford a custom mouthpiece.I hope it is going to feel better.It is just that every time I spar it starts to bother me after a few minutes so I put it away and spar without it,so I never really got used to it.

yeah the mouthguard must be too long, trim it so it doesnt make you gag. I just posted a thread about mouthguards. If you cant afford a custom fitted one, try a shurfit, its referred to as a "custom fitted" boil and bite, its what I use when I fight and is by far the best I have used so far. I am looking at trying the rdx style next.

watched the review, kind of blown away that they would refer to a boil and bite price tag at 50.00 out the door. I'm pretty sure every custom mouthguard company that has been mentioned on Sherdog equipment forum has a custom priced in that range. I think of boil and bite in the $3.00 to 25.00 range.

watched the review, kind of blown away that they would refer to a boil and bite price tag at 50.00 out the door. I'm pretty sure every custom mouthguard company that has been mentioned on Sherdog equipment forum has a custom priced in that range. I think of boil and bite in the $3.00 to 25.00 range.

so I checked their website its actually $45 bucks

for that price you can have a custom logo put on it

its in no way comparable to the crap you can get at your local sporting goods store. in the $3-$25 range. it really is a "custom fitted" boil and bite. The only thing I could really say is to someone would have to try it to know the difference.

the big difference bewteen the cheapys at your local sporting good store and this one would be that its made from the same material used for custom fitted mouthguards like EVA or Polyshock, not sure on the mm used, but its not the really thin cheap rubber or whatever like from a big 5. So your getting the same quality material, thickness, etc. just not the custom fit.

I was given the Shurfit for free to test out and I really do like it, it is the best mouthguard I have ever tried, granted all the brands I have tried previous to that were from the local sporting good store. I tried alot of them, and was actually happier with the cheapy ones then the more expensive boil and bites like shock doctor for example.

I am familiar with your brand as well and I would say you guys are by far the lowest cost custom fit guard out there, I think everyone is pretty much aware of that already as well.

I am familiar with the entire process for custom fit mouthguards. Your pro version is made from 3mm, given that they shrink during the process I would want one thicker than that though. Your elite is a good model as most custom fits are staring at $100.

I am looking for sponsors and would be more then happy to try yours and do a review on it ;)

BatGosho, you may just want to invest in a custom mouth guard. It will certainly fit you better and be more comfortable. The mouth guard is cheaper than the dental work.

jeesus, how many of you lame-brains are going to post the same thing.. stop fucking around when it comes to your TEETH and score a custom-made

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back