I feel remarkably bad for Erceg

Nobody was feeling bad for Pantoja when he was losing to guys like Figueredo on the prelims.

Erceg is doing fine.

We feeling bad for low IQ fighters now? Lol.

He got a title shot ranked 10 and with less than 5 fights in the UFC..

You feel bad for guys like Belal? Merab( who is just getting his shot.. feel bad for guys like them. Not some low IQ fighter that blew his undeserved title shot

Despite his "fight IQ". He looked great grappling but clearly it wasn't his strong point in the fight. I felt he was much faster, did a lot of damage and ended up in better shape. Cut him badly which could've became more of a factor

Despite choosing to grapple in the 5th I felt he did enough to win and deserves an Re. I know, rematches blah blah blah. But again this is the most interesting "next fight" for flyweight

Dude was so outranked and came in to surprise the hell out of me and also seems like a cool dude. I definitely wouldn't call it a robbery but it was a good fight and surprised me for the good and bad reasons

I think he looked good grappling because the dude is a BW fighting a FLW

I feel bad he was dumb enough to fight a Brazillian champion in Brazil and think he could win. Is Normal.

Close but not quite.

He has 4 total UFC fights and is ranked #10. He can go win a fight or three and get a little more experience and polish things up. Dude has a great shot at being a future champ.

He doesn't need an immediate rematch, he needs a few fights to polish up his game against stiff competition. Let him fight 2 or 3 more top 10 guys, and if he wins, give him another title shot. He went straight up Holly Holm vs. Kayla during the fight...and you know, you may surprise someone with an extreme grappling edge by taking them down, but if the disparity is that large...after the shock is gone, you're gonna get tooled. His takedown attempts cost him a title...let him get some more octagon time so he doesn't repeat those mistakes.

Erceg impressed me I’m not going to lie! I really never knew who he was and I thought he would get smoked.

He had a good performance. Just came up short. At this point in his career, that is OK. I bet he learned a lot. If he can take that into his next fights, he will be back.

Back