I don't understand Arlovski or the UFC's commitment to keeping him.

Exactly and Alonso’s has fights in the UFC going back to 2000. Dana’s always seemed fond of the guys who fought back when the UFC wasn’t shit
hmm a guy who been with the company since it wasnt ( shit ) 2000 now worth more then anyone thought 2024 and still shows them loyalty who would thought! :rolleyes:o_O

He is hoping for a Fedor v. Arlovksi rematch for UFC 400, and the first 50 yr fighters in the co-main in history.

He'll have to settle for Jon vs Arlovski. Picture it, the aging champion (Jones) comes out of retirement to defend against this hungry-ish contender (Arlovski). Overcoming such an incredible challenge will defnitely cement Jones as the greatest HW of all time.

Last edited:
The thing is Arlovski has no illusions of bein a champ

he doesnt mind fighting ANYONE ufc wants him to fight. Alot of guys in his position arent willing to do that.

So that's why he gets 400 k, to fight the 56# ranked heavyweights to a decision

Arlovski’s ability to make every fight a slow paced sparring match is unrivaled. That is exactly the reason he’s not getting sparked every second fight, too.

Feint feint, double jab, back off, feint, back off, circle circle, jab, feint feint, stand still, jab, circle circle… Left high kick… feint.. Telegraph a lazy overhand.

Repeat for three rounds.

He could have won that fight.

He is a great teacher of young hws.

Not gonna lie, I haven't seen Arlovski's last few fights. I know Aspinall smashed him that's the last fight I saw.

He's boring as shit nowadays. Can't stand watching his fights. Back in 04' when I started watching, different story. He was a savage.

"Fighter pay fighter pay fighter pay"

"But why are they paying that guy? "

Stay you, Sherdog

Former champ, old school vet, doesn't cause problems, stays active, fights without demands. Seems like a pretty smooth operation that they are probably ok with spending a little more on.

Kinda funny that he went 6:1 from 2020 to 2022 and losing to Aspinall
By lulling his opponents into sleep, his last finish was nearly 10 years ago, as a heavyweight.

The UFC have fight cards every weekend. That's a lot of spots to fill. And Arlovski adds some name value to these fight night cards so why wouldn't they keep him.

And the thing is, if the guy still has fights left on his contract that makes the UFC obligated to offer him fights. If they don't they have to pay him regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Hah, this is funny. My girlfriend and I were chilling on saturday, watching the stream. I told her this next fight involved a fighterI've been watching fight for 20 years. We were both rooting for him and rather disappointed in Acosta's disrespectful-to-a-legend behavior. After nabout 10 minutes she sai she liked the idea of being a fan of Arlovski but she couldn't watch any more. I agreed with both sentiments and we went to bed.

Reactions: HHJ
Because I’m in the Russian mafia and we don’t accept

His longevity is because he's fighting bums. Look at JDS. He was fed to 4 killers in a row and then cut. Arlovski would have lost against all those fighters. But he gets to fight heavyweights you've never heard of on the prelims.
Arlovski was fed to four killers and lost against them back in 2016. He's fighting bums now because he's at the tail end of his career and he's in his forties

Back