"I didn't say that Ronda is the best ever..." - Joe Hogan

Shaub - "I was speaking so this really high up executive from like this really really big ummm corporation"

Sure you did fuckhead... I can't comprehend how people listen to these idiots religiously.

<31>

I'm sure you wouldn't overhype fighters if you were given the money he is to do so. She's not the only one he's done it to. She's not the first, she won't be the last. It's just part of the formula that Dana and co came up with to sell their top fighters. It's going to continue being part of that formula until Dana and him are gone.
What he did with Honda was WAYYYY Wayyyy over the usual hype service.
You can say he actually believed in it just from the interviews and podcasts they did together.
And when Rogan was skeptical about the amount of hype ZUFFA/DFW were putting into a fighter he had no problems showing his opinion.
He never gave that kind of lip service for Bork Lazer for example,even after DFW tried for months to hype him as the best HW fighter MMA ever had.

No Im not...what part?

Your post and description are close to clickbait

1) He didn't say the new owners have no clue, just some people around them.
2) He's not upset at all - more annoyed
3) He didn't back pedal on his stance - he said it a long time ago and times change

Your post and description are close to clickbait

1) He didn't say the new owners have no clue, just some people around them.
2) He's not upset at all - more annoyed
3) He didn't back pedal on his stance - he said it a long time ago and times change

Clickbait for what purpose? Dude just let it go and take the L

dan-henderson-ufc-173-walkout-shirt.jpg

He resembles the average Sherdogger, talk it big and supports while said fighter is on top, then jumps off the wagon when it burns.

What if I told you he is or at least was a sherdogger?

I'm sure you wouldn't overhype fighters if you were given the money he is to do so. She's not the only one he's done it to. She's not the first, she won't be the last. It's just part of the formula that Dana and co came up with to sell their top fighters. It's going to continue being part of that formula until Dana and him are gone.
No the thing is joe prides himself on being an honest, real person. He dislikes actors, hates generic radio voices, he represents himself on his podcast as a real geniune guy. Thats why i use to listen to him. His honesty, his attitude were admirable. People whether they are famous, not famous, doing it for money, or doing it for free, if you make ridiculous claims, you get called out on it.

Joe dun goofed. Consequences never the same.

I like the JRE, but he fucked up here. Own up like a man and admit that hype job was fucking embarrassing. Once ever human? Crying during Honda's interview? Excellent boxing from looking at mitts? She's a ten, and maintaining that fiction when Brendan and Cowboy both laughed at you? And now the backtracking?

"I got a little carried away. I apologize." It's so easy. Remember he's supposed to be this humble, down-to-earth guy who admits to being a dumbass with no education. Just admit it and we'll all move on.

I actually don't like how he's shitting on Ronda now like he could tell her striking sucks. Come on. He shouldn't shit on her, and he can't flip flop on her striking.

No the thing is joe prides himself on being an honest, real person. He dislikes actors, hates generic radio voices, he represents himself on his podcast as a real geniune guy. Thats why i use to listen to him. His honesty, his attitude were admirable. People whether they are famous, not famous, doing it for money, or doing it for free, if you make ridiculous claims, you get called out on it.

Exactly this. He's supposed to be a real dude. Edgy Brah and Brendan need to do him a solid and really drill him on over-hyping Ronda. He's a big boy; he'll take it and move on.

Him being so defensive is fucked. Against what he advocates for himself, and he's too embarrassed to just say it.

"Uhh I was pretty stoned, I dont even remember saying any of that shit dude LOL"

He resembles the average Sherdogger, talk it big and supports while said fighter is on top, then jumps off the wagon when it burns.

Or you can call this Rogan every Conor fan after Conor/Diaz I.
His comments about Ronda are literally the stupidest and biggest pile of bullshit I've ever heard or read said about any fighter by anyone. Seriously.

I'm sure you wouldn't overhype fighters if you were given the money he is to do so. She's not the only one he's done it to. She's not the first, she won't be the last.
Who did he hype like that before Ronda?

He's got to hype it, just like anybody else would in his position. He's a color commentator, not a god..... I'm not really sure what you want him to say.
Hyping a fight doesn't mean lying, pissing off your fans en masse and destroying your own credibility.

There's no excuse or defense for what Joe said. Just like trying to find some way to justify Ronda's behavior. Many have tried, all have failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back