I Can't See Nuclear War Occurring Anywhere Near Jerusalem, Ever (I Change My Mind)

I think you are being naïve. China is now a rogue country? Why would North Korea waste their nuclear weapons on Israel? I can easily see the Israelis striking first with a small 3 to 5 kiloton nuclear bomb against an Arab country. Hiroshima was 15 kilotons.

I never said any of these countries would do this. It was vague.

Because they have said time and time again that they want to see Israel destroyed. Remember - NBC. Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical.

How did Jesus get into an Islamic prophecy? Do you have a source, because it sounds like BS.

Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and that he's coming back to lead Muslims in victory over the kafir worldwide.

I still have a hard time connecting the motivations and results.

I can't see the value in nuclear war generally except by combatants on practically other sides of the planet. US/North Korea is about the only half-sensible one.

I suppose, maybe, India/Pakistan because they're such enemies.

wth does north korea care about jerusalem even enough to nuke it?

It would probably happen if that was declared 200+ years ago where people were die hard Christians and the city actually meant something to them.

Last edited:
wth does north korea care about jerusalem even enough to nuke it?

I was just using it as an example of a rogue nation that is a long distance from it that might be the "type" of nation to do such a thing. I agree that they don't pose a realistic danger of any sort.

The worry isn't that a nuclear state will nuke israel.

The worry is that muslim radicals are crazy as fuck and there's literally nothing they wouldn't do, no low they wouldn't sink to, and there are loose nuclear warheads in the world.

short of a Sum of All Fear type situation w/ a rogue government or just ridiculously funded and capable Islamic Extremists...

nobody has to worry about any nuclear bombs going off

I'd probably be more worried about Pakistan/India if anything

You don't have much of an imagination.

The worry isn't that a nuclear state will nuke israel.

The worry is that muslim radicals are crazy as fuck and there's literally nothing they wouldn't do, no low they wouldn't sink to, and there are loose nuclear warheads in the world.

I understand what you're saying . . . I suppose it's possible. But even with the ideologically insane, I think nuking an area with so many "innocents," let alone one of the "most holy" sites is likely too much. Then there's the ability to obtain and successfully launch such a warhead. That seems to require a well-financed and advanced infrastructure. I think it's quite unlikely, nearly impossible, even in the worst case scenario.

I understand what you're saying . . . I suppose it's possible. But even with the ideologically insane, I think nuking an area with so many "innocents," let alone one of the "most holy" sites is likely too much. Then there's the ability to obtain and successfully launch such a warhead. That seems to require a well-financed and advanced infrastructure. I think it's quite unlikely, nearly impossible, even in the worst case scenario.
You're talking about people that rape and slaughter women and children without remorse, on a mass scale. If you think nuking Islam's most hated enemy, Israel, is beyond what people like ISIS are willing to do, then you're wrong.

For Islam, it's their second most-holy site/city. I can't see Iran, Turkey or any other anti-Israel power launching warheads for fear of killing innocent Muslims and destroying the Dome of the Rock along with other mosques in the region and making the land uninhabitable with lasting effects for centuries.

Are you aware that Saudi Arabia has been destroying Islam's holiest monuments and erecting shopping malls? Nobody seems to give a shit.

I think you're vastly overestimating the sentimental power of this region.

Are you aware that Saudi Arabia has been destroying Islam's holiest monuments and erecting shopping malls? Nobody seems to give a shit.

I think you're vastly overestimating the sentimental power of this region.

Which of Islam's holiest monuments have been destroyed?

@Der Eisbär

Hey, just so you know, I feel I'm on the brink of changing my mind here. I mean you find me disagreeing with the craziness of Islamic extremism. I'm just kind of wondering if such a broad-brush mass killing would be different than isolating a group of wrong-living Muslims, say, in a suicide bombing of a rival mosque, or of a shopping mall. And then there's the whole "Islam's 2nd most holy site" issue.

Hey, the more that I think about it you may be right. Seriously, I might be wrong on this.

@JosephDredd

I will say, I've watched and read some material that suggests that some or a lot of the construction that is cementing up the region of mecca is doing so, in part, because there is literally little ancient archaeological findings that corroborate the ancient historical claims of Islam (particularly as it compares to the earliest fathers of Judaism/Christianity in Israel, Egypt and regions hundreds of miles north of Mecca).

Back