I can see Volkov....

vegnugun

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I could see Volkov being the best russian fighter to ever be in the UFC. There havent really been that many to begin with and Arlovski isnt exactly russian anyway. But I really see him fighting for the title and eventually winning it. Just not against Miocic

Dagestan falls under the Russian banner, so Khabib gets my vote for best "Russian" in UFC ever.

Given the state of affairs at HW, it's not unreasonable that Volkov could find himself in title contention.

Anyone at HW could win the title by a fluke... if they can get a shot. I don't think Volkov can, there's a good handful of guys at least who should beat him.

6'7" 240 and 28 y/o. 35 fights, one TKO loss.

He's got some mileage, but the potential to get better is there. Plenty of fighters get better at 28, 29, 30. He could.

The guy that won a bullshit split decision in the UFC to Timothy Johnson soon after losing to Tony Johnson and Cheik Kongo?Lol

I could see Volkov being the best russian fighter to ever be in the UFC. There havent really been that many to begin with and Arlovski isnt exactly russian anyway. But I really see him fighting for the title and eventually winning it. Just not against Miocic
Long way to go to catch Vlad Matyushenko, nevermind Arlovski.

Arlovski is Belorussian

I see it as a classic Russian vs Croat individual sports rivalry with Stipe.

He's a better version of Struve with lower center of gravity.

The guy that won a bullshit split decision in the UFC to Timothy Johnson soon after losing to Tony Johnson and Cheik Kongo?Lol
Was it actually a bad decision? I remember being pissed at how Johnson blew his wad in the first and lost the next two rounds because of it.

Was it actually a bad decision? I remember being pissed at how Johnson blew his wad in the first and lost the next two rounds because of it.

It wasn't the worst decision of all time but it was shit imo and not a single media score had it for Volkov.I thought he clearly won the first 2 rounds and possibly the 3rd as some people had it 30-27 including one of the actual judges.

Nick Baldwin
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Johnson Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-29 Johnson Brian Knapp
Sherdog.com 28-29 Johnson MMAJunkie.com 28-29 Johnson Mookie Alexander
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Johnson MMAMania.com 28-29 Johnson Dominik Durniat
MMARocks.pl 28-29 Johnson Steven Kelliher
Tapology.com 28-29 Johnson Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Johnson MMAForum.com.br 28-29 Johnson Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Johnson Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 28-29 Johnson

Read more at http://mmadecisions.com/decision/7476/Alexander-Volkov-vs-Tim-Johnson#gl2pJwaDy79XzzQd.99

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back