I’m liking OAM’s improvements — this guy at 155 is underrated.

I'm a fan. I hope he gets someone ranked above him next.

Needs some more proving to do, but I like the guy. I like that he doesn't take himself too seriously so he made a mini-fan out of me.

Can't hate on the Canadian Gangster.

I've enjoyed his fights for awhile but his recent post really made me a fan this dudes actually funny.
WAR canadian gangster hopefully he keeps updating his game.

Abbreviation is not a crime, an insult to the fighter or a sign of disrespect.
GSP,OSP, DC

He said that because he didn't know what OAM stood for. Its not like he's a world famous fighter. I think its a bit early to begin abbreviating his name because most people even mma fans don't know what it means.

He said that because he didn't know what OAM stood for. Its not like he's a world famous fighter. I think its a bit early to begin abbreviating his name because most people even mma fans don't know what it means.

But had he read OP (like it's expected from people with more than 1 brain cell) he would've found out who he is very quickly.

But had he read OP (like it's expected from people with more than 1 brain cell) he would've found out who he is very quickly.

He's right. It makes zero sense to abbreviate someone's name that ppl have no idea who he is.

dbAfKFl.gif

It's not mentioned in the title or the OP.

It's mentioned as a hashtag in an embedded Instagram post. A lot of people here are posting from work where social media is blocked, and these embedded posts do not appear to them FYI.

And why are you defending TS' laziness anyway?

Its not even a big deal I was just trying to call out TS on what I assume was an oversight, in a joking manner.

I have to admit that Aubin-Mercier is one of those fighters that I for some reason or another just don't care about, or atleast haven't so far.

I just checked to see how many fights in the UFC he has had, and was shocked to find that the answer is 9. I've only seen him twice, against Dunham just last weekend and against Drew Dober. He looked pretty good in both of those fights, yet still didn't spark my interest.

Should I go back and watch some of his previous fights? Any recommendations from anyone who actually knows how he fights?

I’m not gonna lie, his fights are pretty boring so I don’t have a fight in particular I’d recommend, but I just watch because I like his application of Judo in MMA. That’s mainly what I’m really looking for.

You see how Khabib effortlessly trips people in the clinch once he gets them against the cage? It’s what Mercier does too. Obviously their styles are very different but I do think that aspect of their game are comparable. They both are very good at manipulating leverage.

You see how Khabib effortlessly trips people in the clinch once he gets them against the cage? It’s what Mercier does too. Obviously their styles are very different but I do think that aspect of their game are comparable. They both are very good at manipulating leverage.
Alright, you convinced me. Didn't even know he was a Judoka, so that alone makes him more interesting to me in terms of adapting it into an MMA context since it's definitely not a common background to have and is largely "unexplored" in some sense.

I have found that successful application of Judo into MMA is very rarely based on catching people with throws and trips like in the sport of Judo, but instead is more based around the overall understanding of posture, balance and grips and how to utilize them to create favourable scenarios in the clinch, so you mentioning Khabib's name as a comparison point makes perfect sense in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back