HWGP 1st Round in one event?

Ezekiel 25:17

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This could have been done and would have been bellators biggest sell....instead they strech it out thinking people are gonna pay close attention and buy all those cards.....they should have done it like old school Pride if anything.

This could have been done and would have been bellators biggest sell....instead they strech it out thinking people are gonna pay close attention and buy all those cards.....they should have done it like old school Pride if anything.
When did Pride do an eight man one night GP?

I agree. I don't get the one tournament fight per event crap. It's barely even a tournament at that point.

That's gay. I was expecting it to be all on one card.

I Prefer it spread out it definitely will provide somewhat steady ratings for the first year on the new channel paramount.

I mean the first fight of the GP is Co main to Lima vs Rory and a few other solid fights.....

Having solid Comain events lined up allows for cards to be built up pretty well around them. As the tourney advances the fights will garner more hype especially if we get good matches in the semis.

Instead of blowing their wad on one event they can have multiple solid events throughout the year giving them news coverage as well.

Bellator did a 1 night tourney for the LHW title.....it was cool but the GP is much better.

Anyone suggesting that this tournament should have been done in one night, as fun as that would have been, knows nothing about the business of ticket sales, television ratings or business in general.

Anyone suggesting that this tournament should have been done in one night, as fun as that would have been, knows nothing about the business of ticket sales, television ratings or business in general.

lol this

Yeah I feel like people will completely forget about this tournament

With all the name power and it being done throughout multiple events......highly unlikely ......

I can't wait for this shit to begin.

I Prefer it spread out it definitely will provide somewhat steady ratings for the first year on the new channel paramount.

I mean the first fight of the GP is Co main to Lima vs Rory and a few other solid fights.....

Having solid Comain events lined up allows for cards to be built up pretty well around them. As the tourney advances the fights will garner more hype especially if we get good matches in the semis.

Instead of blowing their wad on one event they can have multiple solid events throughout the year giving them news coverage as well.

Bellator did a 1 night tourney for the LHW title.....it was cool but the GP is much better.
Yeah the LHW tournament was actually kinda fun but the fighters werent that intresting. This has more name power and fighters people actually care about. This is how strikeforce did the HWGP isnt it?

Yeah the LHW tournament was actually kinda fun but the fighters werent that intresting. This has more name power and fighters people actually care about. This is how strikeforce did the HWGP isnt it?
Strikeforce held two GP matchups per event. Bellator is spreading their 1st round matchups over the course of 5 months.

Yeah maybe not every fight in one night, but all 1st round Tournament fights on the same card would have been a good call wouldn’t it? I’d bet it would draw more publicity than whatever watered down UFC event is on that weekend?

The Strikeforce Gp was handled
Better, Bellator have been doing well with legends stuff. Line them all up, cut a few cheesy pomos?

Back