How well known is Farid Dordar in kickboxing?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He was a former world champion back in the 80s in the pka style of kickboxing and competed in shootboxing as well claiming championship in regular western kickboxing/full contact karate!

Later he moved to vancouver canada and opened up a successful kickboxing gym.

Here is his fight:

Here is his bag work:

Here is him teaching back in the 90s:

Here is him in recent times:

Was he a well known name in the kickboxing circles back in the 80s when pka kickboxing was hot?

Who?

(see what I did there?)

Not really since it doesnt answer the threads question. Obviously Pka kickboxers are a thing of a past except Rick Rofous who has prominence as an mma trainer and a very good one at that.

But Rick Roufus aside, it seems that all the Pka kickboxing greats have become forgotten and so I was trying to understand how well known was Farid during his prime as an active kickboxer.

I've heard his name before; no idea what from but that's all

Of course I also know blinky Rodriguez fought bill superfoot Wallace soo I dunno if most people know more or less than me.

I'm guessing he's been content to run his gym and going the way of many kickboxers...away (unfortunately)

Boxing is pretty rough and rudimentary.

Some pretty solid side and spinning kicks though, but that's to be expected.

IIRC he was from Canada and may have been fairly well known there, but he was definitely not a household name in kickboxing. He was never a world champion in the PKA/PKC/ISKA. If he did hold a world title it was probably in one of the minor orgs of the era or maybe the KICK or WKA orgs.

So, to answer your question. I would say No, he was not a well known fighter of the era.

Not very well known as a fighter, though he has quite a few schools/associations in Vancouver. Lots of interesting stories pop up from time to time about these gyms, some positive, some no so much.

Not very well known as a fighter, though he has quite a few schools/associations in Vancouver. Lots of interesting stories pop up from time to time about these gyms, some positive, some no so much.

What kind of stories?

Back