How UFC should deal with Mcgregor in an aftermath?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The main question now is how this event took effect on UFC as a whole and the marketing of Mcgregor. Did it hurt or helped them get more publicity?

Let's be honest here. Casuals are loving it. In my workplace where people are mostly interested in soccer, they been lately talking about Mcgregor stunt more than myself, a core UFC fan. On a side note, Mcgregor had 21 mils of followers on his Instagram, now is above 23 mil, so to me looks like all these events are promoting him.

UFC and other combat/entertainment sports are unlikely to lose out on things like that because controversial actions, promotions was always a big part of it. Unlike chess matches for example.

UFC hardly took any actions against JBJ, and I don't really expect anything significant here either. There will be something done just to stuff the public but at the same time there will be something worked out between UFC and McG behind the scenes.

Whats your opinion?

I'd have to see Conor's contract before answering

I like how you compared it to chess matches.

Erect a statue of him throwing a dolley at the Barclays Center so that future generations never forget.

The only thing that I got from this post was that you know nothing about chess.

The ethical thing would be to cut him and take legal action but that's not what's going to happen and it's not what I want to happen.

Resign him and put him against killers every match. If they want to punish him, there's nothing they could do to damage his brand than to have him be manhandled.

what's to be done?

if he'll fight, promote the fight.

if he won't, what can they do?

if he demands a share of the company to fight, keep negotiating.

meanwhile, don't bail him out from his legal problems.

and certainly don't cut him. he'll promote his own fights. keep him locked up. don't let him earn elsewhere.

Last edited:
They should do whatever he wants. He's the king of MMA. #CONORBLESS

They should do absolutely nothing, let the courts deal with it.

Anything they did would be smoke and mirrors.

They'll do nuttin'.

Literally.

The last time they tried to "discipline" Conor McGregor, they got an abysmal buyrate for UFC 200, quickly got back in his good graces to bring him back for UFC 202, and subsequently gifted him a LW title shot at UFC 205 to make up for the trouble.

They should pay whatever fines and damages he incurs for bringing them media coverage you can't buy.

Erect a statue of him throwing a dolley at the Barclays Center so that future generations never forget.
Great idea, but I was thinking more on the lines of replacing the Statue Of Liberty with the Conor dolley one.

What ever they do boxing is more interesting especially Joshua vs Wilder must happened

Well, u dont see people throwing dollys before chess match to intimidate their opponents, do you :D

Maybe that’s why Fischer no showed for the second match with Spassky in the World Championships back in 1972. But of course with less cameras being around we just didn’t see, or hear about it.

put him in jail and release him only for fights.

c9534710-b00c-0132-9a17-0e01949ad350.gif

EDIT: here's a couple more
cape-fear-prison-simpsons.gif

cape-fear-prison.gif

The main question now is how this event took effect on UFC as a whole and the marketing of Mcgregor. Did it hurt or helped them get more publicity?

Let's be honest here. Casuals are loving it. In my workplace where people are mostly interested in soccer, they been lately talking about Mcgregor stunt more than myself, a core UFC fan. On a side note, Mcgregor had 21 mils of followers on his Instagram, now is above 23 mil, so to me looks like all these events are promoting him.

UFC and other combat/entertainment sports are unlikely to lose out on things like that because controversial actions, promotions was always a big part of it. Unlike chess matches for example.

UFC hardly took any actions against JBJ, and I don't really expect anything significant here either. There will be something done just to stuff the public but at the same time there will be something worked out between UFC and McG behind the scenes.

Whats your opinion?

Helped the marketing and publicity.

The ethical thing would be to cut him and take legal action but that's not what's going to happen and it's not what I want to happen.

Resign him and put him against killers every match. If they want to punish him, there's nothing they could do to damage his brand than to have him be manhandled.

He won’t sign to fight killers anymore.

Back