How to Spider Guard Sweep a Standing Opponent

Thank you. A question, though. In the video, you keep them pretty well bent over. I end up getting beaten a lot when they stand and pop their hips forward. Like, as long as they can look up and sort of jump their hips forward so their spine is fairly straight up, I get shut down. Does that make sense? Is there something I can do to prevent that? My legs are long, so I feel like I can only keep their posture so low and keep a spider hook in without kind of smushing myself. Maybe I just need to keep trying.

Thank you. A question, though. In the video, you keep them pretty well bent over. I end up getting beaten a lot when they stand and pop their hips forward. Like, as long as they can look up and sort of jump their hips forward so their spine is fairly straight up, I get shut down. Does that make sense? Is there something I can do to prevent that? My legs are long, so I feel like I can only keep their posture so low and keep a spider hook in without kind of smushing myself. Maybe I just need to keep trying.
Makes perfect sense. Are you using double sleeve grips, or one sleeve grip (foot in biceps) and one same-side lapel grip? This has made all the difference for me. The lapel really keeps them reigned in.

Back