How to really get better?

norki

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have been boxing for a year now and think it's really fun and would like to take the step to compete. But feel nervous about it. I would like to really get good first before I compete.

How do you do to maximize your physique, hone your technique and constantly evaluate yourself to get better?

i was just naturally really good so i cant really help u sorry

Run 2 marathons everyday, do 150 rounds on the bag and you're good

Hi guys!

I have been boxing for a year now and think it's really fun and would like to take the step to compete. But feel nervous about it. I would like to really get good first before I compete.

How do you do to maximize your physique, hone your technique and constantly evaluate yourself to get better?

You just need to get in the ring mate and get your first fight done. If you've got a decent coach you'll be matched up to someone of a similar standard and experience and not thrown in at the deep end. If you are waiting to be at a certain level before that first fight then you'll never get there. it is also important to experience that first fight because you can't really replicate it. For me it was the most nerve racking yet exhilarating experience. And I learned from it. Being nervous is natural. 1 of the pros I used to train with (who was regularly one of David Hayes sparring partners a few years back) would be nervous as fck before every fight and would regularly be sick. but you have to deal with it to be able to overcome it!

Regards your last bit you just need to keep sparring, training and working on technique shadow bowing in front of a mirror or with your coach

Hi guys!

Johnny Ninja supports you here. Only one I see. You are in USA? Yeah, basically you just need to "do it". Can't blame you for wanting to peak-up first....but..I can't really see what is happening with you. ARE YOU IN A BOXING GYM? ARE you at your HOME?
I was a 7-0 novice category (ARMY). Weight important. 151lbs my first day I dropped ~easily~ to lightwelterweight.
If I can communicate with you I can give you pointers.
What's your age now? What's your background? Why boxing?

They do have COLLEGE LEVEL BOXING you know. They are a WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL//VERY "PROTECTED".

If our aren't a white belt troll, let me say that you ought to listen to your coaches, spar with a goal in mind each round (breathing, jabbing, moving, gloves up, snap punches, etc.), eat right (cheat, but not before training, after lol), and consistently sharpen correct technique. Be honest with yourself, often.

Work smarter, not harder; don't be a gym bro; ask for feedback from coaches and sparring partners. It helped me get ready for my fight and do well fwiw...

If you are a white belt troll, you just wasted your time reading the above, go to hell

Norki, there are many, many ways a person could turn; there always is.
Boxing is a sport you develope over time. Natural instincts involved-?- YES Certainly!
Don't see you coming back on this yet.

Back