How to improve my cheap bag?

Geaper

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I bought a 40€ 30 Kg punching bag. I started pushing in and it swings like old man's balls....

I opened and it's filled with rags. If I get sand from the beach and put it in like 20 1Kg bags of sand inside, will it improve? Should I put the bags in the center and fill the outside with the rags?

Also after 2 days has already some missing filled spots where I punched it.

Sandbags, unless they're controlled in a central tube, will move around and eventually get pushed to the outside. Hitting those SUCKS and can really hurt you. I suggest getting a decent tube (PVC maybe? Other experts want to weigh in?) and putting the sandbags in there. Also be careful that the bag's material is durable enough to hold that extra weight. I would make a good, solid floor with some of the rags first.

Unfortunately heavy bags are one of those things where you really do get what you pay for. I got really lucky and bought a Title Fitness Club ~50kg (100lb) bag that was apparently factory blemished for about 40 Euro (50$) and although it's a bit firmer than I like it's built like a tank. Before that I had a shitty Everlast bag from Walmart that had the aforementioned sandbag problem . . .

Back