How tf do you explain Aldo?

No because he retired before I made this account so the frequency of aldo posts has been diminished since I’ve been on here.

If I accept that the shot ilia hit volk with probably would have knocked him out even if Islam hadnt head kicked him, would you say “you don’t sound like much of a volk fan to me, becuase you’re not making up excuses for his losses”?

I’m a huge yoel fan and I don’t make excuses for his loss to Whittaker, guess I’m not a real yoel romero fan

And maybe you could respond to some of the points I made instead of calling me a liar?
So you have no positive posts about Aldo. I scrolled through your post history and the only time you've brought him up is to compare him to Volk negatively. Lol at "I'm an Aldo fan". You're a Volk fan. Stop bullshitting.

Hypothetically if Volk were to move down in weight and win a few fights would that make Topuria greater than him? I would say no. To overtake Volk Topuria has to accomplish what he did in the division. The first step is defeating Max and then racking up a bunch of title defenses.

Every Aldo super fan in every “who wins prime aldo or this guy that beat him?” Thread for the last few years

And then you can look up reaction threads from when aldo lost to certain fighters and it’s just full of excuses that get tons of support, like “holloway was 20 pounds heavier than aldo and all he has is a chin, he was getting DESTROYED until aldo gassed” or “prime aldo would destroy yan, he was winning the first 3 rounds outside of one liver shot. Yan got lucky that aldo gassed”
Or “prime aldo destroys volk, he’s lucky he got an old man”

I’m not talking about people wondering how the conor fight would go if went longer, I’m talking about people who try to diminish the accomplishment for Conor becuase “aldo was out of his prime” when it had nothing to do with prime, it had to do with him rushing in.

Even the merab fight, people try to argue that aldo won the fight when he clearly didn’t

His fans have a laundry list of excuses for every loss the guy has ever suffered, and I’m one of the people who think he was robbed in the moraes fight and so deserved the title shot with yan. They can never just admit someone was better than him

They ABSOLUTELY cannot admit that some fighters would still beat a prime aldo, I think max and volk beat every version of aldo and conor and yan have very good chances to also. Merab I wouldn’t know though
Prime Aldo is the best FW I've ever seen fight and it's not even close. His WEC run was absolutely disgusting.

So you have no positive posts about Aldo. I scrolled through your post history and the only time you've brought him up is to compare him to Volk negatively. Lol at "I'm an Aldo fan". You're a Volk fan. Stop bullshitting.

Hypothetically if Volk were to move down in weight and win a few fights would that make Topuria greater than him? I would say no. To overtake Volk Topuria has to accomplish what he did in the division. The first step is defeating Max and then racking up a bunch of title defenses.
What are you talking about? You’ve completely ignored all the points I’ve made to argue for something I didn’t even bring up. Is this what you think winning the argument is? Just ignoring it and moving to a different one? Congratulations, you’ve switched it from aldo and his losses to a volk vs aldo debate. Congrats on being a weasle, little buddy

I don't know who you think is taking credit away from other fighters, he's literally the crowning achievement of both Conor and Max. People have the right to wonder how a rematch with Conor would go and I say this as someone who predicted Conor to win. If Conor weren't an entitled diva there would have been an automatic rematch 6 months later. There always has been.
I actually dont put the blame on him not rematching Aldo. I just wish he would have given up the title if he had no intention of cutting weight again.

As fans we all want to see it, but Conor's oppurtunities took him away from Aldo's division and onto bigger things for him.

What are you talking about? You’ve completely ignored all the points I’ve made to argue for something I didn’t even bring up. Is this what you think winning the argument is? Just ignoring it and moving to a different one? Congratulations, you’ve switched it from aldo and his losses to a volk vs aldo debate. Congrats on being a weasle, little buddy
The only time you've brought up Aldo is to compare him negatively to Volk. Your intentions here are crystal clear. You came into this thread specifically to shit on him to make your hero Volk look better. And you had the nerve to fake being an Aldo fan. Fuck off dude.

Reactions: HHJ
Experience and timing. He likely studied tape. He looked perfectly comfortable and focussed. He stated he’s been working hard on his boxing. Beyond that, I can’t explain why he looked like he’s retained his speed despite his age.

I believe 2024 Aldo would slaughter McGregor :cool:
Conor can't win a single fight dont you know? Every regional fighter would beat him too. Probably in the 1st rd even!!

He might as well never fight again because he is so terrible at fighting he won't even see the 2 minute mark of fights anymore before being brutally knocked out!

Probably won't even land a punch now he is so terrible and slow

Sometimes I wish Poirier beat Korean Zombie, so we could have seen Aldo rearrange his face.

The only time you've brought up Aldo is to compare him negatively to Volk. Your intentions here are crystal clear. You came into this thread specifically to shit on him to make your hero Volk look better. And you had the nerve to fake being an Aldo fan. Fuck off dude.
LOL, that time of the month it seems. Apparently I can’t be a fan of two different fighters that have previously competed against each other? But ye, ignore my points and fight against my post history instead. Lol, grow up

Jose Aldo is the greatest Featherweight of all time, one of the best pure athletes in MMA history. He's also fairly massive for 135lbs and to he honest, matches up well vs a still largely unproven Martinez. Martinez hype comes from his decision win vs Said Nurmagomedov...who most scored for Said, a controversial decision. And the other is Martinez beating Yanez who was a talented and hyped but unproven prospect who's since been pretty fucking exposed.

I don't think Aldo at this stage is winning any titles but honestly, there's a lot of exposable top 10 guys he can still beat like Chito (he already did but could again, Chito isn't good) probably Font and Cejudo too.

He beat Font too. Cejudo could be interesting. He's half retired. But big step up now. Jose also drew with Stephens in boxing and his losses to Yan and Max were really bad. So he's still top 10. But would be wiser for some reasonable match ups. 37 is a lot of 135.

LOL, that time of the month it seems. Apparently I can’t be a fan of two different fighters that have previously competed against each other? But ye, ignore my points and fight against my post history instead. Lol, grow up
Literally all of your posts about Aldo are negative. You're just a salty Volk Stan. Piss off.

He stopped throwing his biggest weapon after breaking his foot and the motorcycle accident. But he improved his footwork, boxing and head movement

Yep agreed, more accomplishments, but still had 3 guys who could kick his ass

In his heart he knows deep down he isn't the best FW of all time, despite the title defenses

Joe Louis and Wlad had much more defenses than Muhammad Ali, nobody rates them higher
Also was never the same after breaking his foot twice in a year. Stopped throwing his biggest weapon, leg kicks.

I've always rated Joe Louis as the best, dude held the belt for 12 years... can't fuck with that.
Ali was more charismatic, more famous but not the best ever imo.
Ali also beat significantly better boxers than any other HW boxer in history

That's even more insane. Usually guys began to fall off a cliff after 10 but Aldo is still beating the prospects 20 years in his career.
He was not stubborn and kept improving throughout his career, same can't be said for other fighters.

What's your point? No one in HW history has a resume even close to as impress as Ali does.

Look im not being a dick here sir, but Louis held the belt for 12 years.
When did Ali hold that belt for 12 years?

Back