How tf do you explain Aldo?

Jones
Fedor
GSP
Mouse
Aldo

This is the list now.

Im not putting Anderson above aldo anymore. Aldo's longevity is something to behold. even in his last loss to merab, that's a legit number 1 guy, almost 10 years past his prime, and merab still could not talk Aldo down. Aldo could still win a BW title, It's hard maybe unlikely, but still possible. As soon as anderson lost the title it was all down hill, Aldo was able to push through and still have lots of success

Aldo is STILL good enough and in some areas like his boxing, he's seemed to have improved.

You lost me at Mouse…

Aldo’s boxing looked so damn good

Especially in the first, he ripped the body a couple times and really got Martinez’s attention

Master-class on taking away a leg-kicker early on before they get comfortable. People don’t do this enough, take away ones leg-kicks early in the fight before they start make a difference with them

He got that dawg in him.

Also he seemed like a grounded family man who doesn't party or do drugs. Total focus on getting better.
Yeah.. it is not like life is over at 30 years old like sherdogger think. I think a lot of fighters have a lot of wear and tear and maybe do not train or apply nearly as much at the end of their careers.

People act like Aldo was off the couch for this one.. dude has been training non stop all the time.. he was just focusing on boxing.

37 years old. Well past his prime. Fighting over well over 10 years and still so skilled and composed. Dude had the chance to finish in the third round and showed the new guy mercy.
I was already impressed that he was the only one who merab couldn't simply drown and after two years off, he comes back and wins easily. His head movement and leg kick defense was so good.
How the fuck do you explain Aldo?
The same way you explain Mighty Mouse at his old age still whooping everyone in One Championship, elite goat shit apparently.

The UFC always likes to prop up the next best thing once the old guard retires (it's usually a lie). Aldo was head and shoulders above everyone else for forever. It shows because even in his old age he's still better than most. The moral to this story is to never trust Dana.

Last edited:
37 years old. Well past his prime. Fighting over well over 10 years and still so skilled and composed. Dude had the chance to finish in the third round and showed the new guy mercy.
I was already impressed that he was the only one who merab couldn't simply drown and after two years off, he comes back and wins easily. His head movement and leg kick defense was so good.
How the fuck do you explain Aldo?

Its Jose Aldo...bro .

R u new or something lol...

I believe 2024 Aldo would slaughter McGregor :cool:
That was more of a fluke that anything, same way Justin landed that headkick on Dustin. Conor might have knocked Aldo out if they had fought again, but definitely not in 13 seconds. There's a reason Conor and the UFC didn't give Aldo that rematch (which Aldo deserved more than anyone in history).

Jose Aldo is the greatest Featherweight of all time, one of the best pure athletes in MMA history. He's also fairly massive for 135lbs and to he honest, matches up well vs a still largely unproven Martinez. Martinez hype comes from his decision win vs Said Nurmagomedov...who most scored for Said, a controversial decision. And the other is Martinez beating Yanez who was a talented and hyped but unproven prospect who's since been pretty fucking exposed.

I don't think Aldo at this stage is winning any titles but honestly, there's a lot of exposable top 10 guys he can still beat like Chito (he already did but could again, Chito isn't good) probably Font and Cejudo too.
I believe Aldo already embarassed Font.

Aldo’s boxing looked so damn good

Especially in the first, he ripped the body a couple times and really got Martinez’s attention

Master-class on taking away a leg-kicker early on before they get comfortable. People don’t do this enough, take away ones leg-kicks early in the fight before they start make a difference with them
Teddy Atlas calls it "putting water in the basement".
Love that description tbh.

Back