How tf do you explain Aldo?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
37 years old. Well past his prime. Fighting over well over 10 years and still so skilled and composed. Dude had the chance to finish in the third round and showed the new guy mercy.
I was already impressed that he was the only one who merab couldn't simply drown and after two years off, he comes back and wins easily. His head movement and leg kick defense was so good.
How the fuck do you explain Aldo?

Jose Aldo is the greatest Featherweight of all time, one of the best pure athletes in MMA history. He's also fairly massive for 135lbs and to he honest, matches up well vs a still largely unproven Martinez. Martinez hype comes from his decision win vs Said Nurmagomedov...who most scored for Said, a controversial decision. And the other is Martinez beating Yanez who was a talented and hyped but unproven prospect who's since been pretty fucking exposed.

I don't think Aldo at this stage is winning any titles but honestly, there's a lot of exposable top 10 guys he can still beat like Chito (he already did but could again, Chito isn't good) probably Font and Cejudo too.

Jose Aldo is the greatest Featherweight of all time, one of the best pure athletes in MMA history. He's also fairly massive for 135lbs and to he honest, matches up well vs a still largely unproven Martinez. Martinez hype comes from his decision win vs Said Nurmagomedov...who most scored for Said, a controversial decision. And the other is Martinez beating Yanez who was a talented and hyped but unproven prospect who's since been pretty fucking exposed.

I don't think Aldo at this stage is winning any titles but honestly, there's a lot of exposable top 10 guys he can still beat like Chito (he already did but could again, Chito isn't good) probably Font and Cejudo too.
Aldo already beat Font.

Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else

Jones
Fedor
GSP
Mouse
Aldo

This is the list now.

Im not putting Anderson above aldo anymore. Aldo's longevity is something to behold. even in his last loss to merab, that's a legit number 1 guy, almost 10 years past his prime, and merab still could not take Aldo down. Aldo could still win a BW title, It's hard maybe unlikely, but still possible. As soon as anderson lost the title it was all down hill, Aldo was able to push through and still have lots of success

Aldo is STILL good enough and in some areas like his boxing, he's seemed to have improved.

Last edited:
Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else

I don’t know man, I feel like the general consensus is that Conor got in his head. I don’t recall anyone saying that Aldo got Ko’d by Conor because he was past prime.

Back