How much time should a fighter take off after being KO'd?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
I know it going to be based on how many shots they sustained before the KO and how big the KO was, so I made a quick little scale to compensate.

KO Damage Scale
1-TKO with pitter patter strikes (Nelson vs Kimbo)
2-TKO'd but gets right up.
3-KO but wakes up instantly(Elkins vs Carvalho)
4-KO but is out for a few seconds, and has a hard time getting up. (DC vs Jones II)
5-Severe KO (Vitor vs Linland) (Barboza vs Etim)

Based on whatever level of damage, how much time should a fighter take off?

In between rounds is plenty.

Just Bleed is the only cure for a concussion.

Couple of Weeks

Look at the NFL.
Concussion player usualy miss a week for a mild concussion.

If you don't have headache or others symptoms, get Back on the Horse I guess.

My last concussion, I was feeling ok after 3-4 days

tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

4 months, 3 days

FOTW-Michael-Bisping-vs-Denis-Kang_529366_TwitterPlayerCardImage.png

2 or3 months from training/sparing and 4 or 5 for a fight or fuck it who needs brain function!

I’d say six months minimum before they get in the cage again. That isn’t too crazy considering a lot of fighters fight about 2-3 a year anyways. Pretty much the average.

Depends on if it's a legit KO or one of these early stoppages that referees nowadays love to do so much.

6 months minimum for most fighters.

The same night if Ronda, preferably against a male striker.

Not even experienced neurosurgeons can give a good answer to this question. It's guess work in white coats....

Depends on their perceived level of their need for money vs their ability to make money outside of the UFC.

Otherwise, the smartest decision is to retire.

The standard protocol in the Athletic Commission's eyes is at least 45/30; meaning that there is no contact for 30 days and there is no contest for at least 45 days. The bane of the existence here though is the psychological reverberations that can take months to dissipate.

Back