how much damage has been done to kov & his brand

when ur a destroyer and u not only stop destroying; but start getting beat up, it effects how your seen and in my mind it can impact how you perform moving fwd... intimidation gone and clear hole in his game exposed

Kovalev isn't an all time great...if you still think that now, you were delusional or a blood relative. Understanding that, it doesn't hurt his brand that much. The division is pretty weak, if your biggest win is an ancient Hopkins, then the division is weak.

There are fights for him at 175lbs. still, he can force Adonis to fight him or vacate (by moving up the WBC's rankings) and Ward is gonna get bored and vacate sooner than later to get starched at cruiser or heavyweight (instead of luring GGG into a 168lbs. match somehow).

This time next year Kovalev will be a world champion, but people (including myself) will know his limitations and enjoy what he does in the ring. Wouldn't mind if he started with matches against this Joe Smith guy or Fonfara to get his confidence back.

Apparently he had no show money written into his contract, so everything he'd make is based off of ticket sales and PPV buys, which... while I'm not a professional manager, seems like a dreadfully silly move.

I bet Kathy Duva got her money.

Given boxing doesn't have a business model where they sack you off after a couple of losses, someone somewhere made some money.

Back