How many strengths to YOU have?

Lol sorry to disappoint but I'm nothing to write home about. 5' 8.5" king of manlets currently 172 lbs, 49 yo full natty:

View attachment 1003400

And I know this thread is all in good fun but old man, farmer and construction worker strength are pretty much the same - accumulated strength over many years of regularly picking up shit and working with your hands throughout the day with submaximal loads and very occasional maximal loads. A prime example I've observed is a 270 lbs purple belt at our gym who has coal miner retard strength. Then there's a BB at our affiliate gym who sometimes drops in, 280 lbs and competitive powerlifter who can squat 700 lbs. I've not seen the two of them in the same class but if they did, that would resemble your Juggernaut vs. Thing matchup.
Looking good brother

I have them all including boxing / arm wrestling strength at 49 and have a win over this guy when I was 155 pounds in 1998 happy Halloween . <{shaqs}>

Attachments

• 7324D575-8945-4C63-9911-9963803AADBF.jpeg
    7324D575-8945-4C63-9911-9963803AADBF.jpeg
    506.3 KB · Views: 7
I have the strength of 10 tigers.

Also.

Dad strength.

And

"Lord, give-me-strength".

Lol sorry to disappoint but I'm nothing to write home about. 5' 8.5" king of manlets currently 172 lbs, 49 yo full natty:

View attachment 1003400

And I know this thread is all in good fun but old man, farmer and construction worker strength are pretty much the same - accumulated strength over many years of regularly picking up shit and working with your hands throughout the day with submaximal loads and very occasional maximal loads. A prime example I've observed is a 270 lbs purple belt at our gym who has coal miner retard strength. Then there's a BB at our affiliate gym who sometimes drops in, 280 lbs and competitive powerlifter who can squat 700 lbs. I've not seen the two of them in the same class but if they did, that would resemble your Juggernaut vs. Thing matchup.
Shit bro you have a top shelf body for your age. I am younger than you by a few years and look like shit compared to you.

Shit bro you have a top shelf body for your age. I am younger than you by a few years and look like shit compared to you.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I think staying relatively lean is a combo of lifestyle and genetics. I started with distance runner genetics and was good at cardio and bodyweight exercises but my powerlifting SBD numbers always sucked. Did a lot of strength training when I was younger and now just trying to maintain as I age and using lower weights. Also working to improve ROM to avoid injury.

Last edited:
Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I think staying relatively lean is a combo of lifestyle and genetics. I started with distance runner genetics and was good at cardio and bodyweight exercises but my powerlifting SBD numbers always sucked. Did a lot of strength training when I was younger and now just trying to maintain as I age and using lower weights. Also working to improve ROM to avoid injury.

Good for you for keeping up with the training as you age.

Also, yeah. It’s common for easy-to-be-lean guys to have weak squat, bench, and deadlift. I’m the opposite and find it hard to lose fat.

Dad,
Farmer,
Old man,
Football player (o line),
Power lifter,
Judo,
Construction worker (stone mason)

You should add climber strength, that's the only person I ever wrestled with and couldn't believe it.

What is the 18 inch bicep but have joint pain so bad that you can only curl 30s strength?

Dad strength - check
Farmer strength - check
Old man strength - need 10 more tears
Football player strenght - 20 years ago
Body builder strength - no
Power lifter strength - yes
Olympic lifting Strength - yes
Bjj strength - yes
Wrestler strength - definitely
Retard strength (crown jewel of strengths) - unfortunately
Construction worker strength - yes

Dad strength
Farmer strength
Old man strength
Football player strenght
Body builder strength
Power lifter strength
Olympic lifting Strength
Bjj strength
Wrestler strength
Retard strength (crown jewel of strengths)
Construction worker strength

I personally have: (Strength x 5)
Dad, Farmer, Bjj, Powerlifter and Construction worker strengths.

If there are any other universally accepted strengths I will add them to the list.

How many strengths do YOU have?
Gymnast strength or bodyweight strength has got to be one. Definitely one of those "different" strengths. I might elect arm wrestler strength too.

Powerlifter and Olympic lifter strength. Unfortunately, nothing else.

That’s changing soon, I hope. I’m training for Judo-specific cardio.
Judo strength is second only to retard strength. It's the gold standard for no retards.

Back