How many PPVs will DC vs Brock Lesnar sell?

Based on his sales history I'd say just a little over a mill

02/02/08 UFC 81 Sylvia/Nog, Lesnar/Mir 650,000
08/09/08 UFC 87 GSP / Fitch 625,000
11/15/08 UFC 91 Lesnar v. Couture 1,010,000
07/11/09 UFC 100 Lesnar v. Mir 1,600,000
07/03/10 UFC 116 Lesnar vs. Carwin 1,160,000
10/23/10 UFC 121 Lesnar vs. Velasquez 1,050,000
12/31/11 UFC 141 Lesnar vs. Overeem 535,000
09/07/16 UFC 200 Tate vs. Nunes 1,009,000

not as much as this

MayweatherMcGregor.jpg

Nobody can compete with Floyd

750k to 1 million. Depending on promotion and date up to 1.2 -1.3 million range.

By then it will be covered exclusively by ESPN. I imagine they push the hell out of it and could see it getting 1.2 - 1.5 Million PPVs.
If they could add a couple super fights (TJ/DJ or push back Cyborg/Nunes a bit), maybe Stipe/Cain, Gus/Yoel at LHW, they could break the record, which I think is around 1.6 Million

Was thinking 'only' 750k but like @Char Jawz pointed out, ESPN will be in full gear to hype it up as one of their first PPVs. So 1.2 million.

Was thinking 'only' 750k but like @Char Jawz pointed out, ESPN will be in full gear to hype it up as one of their first PPVs. So 1.2 million.

Not really. ESPN will be heavily marketing whatever they are showing on ESPN at that time. ESPN really has no interest in whether the ppv sells 500k or 750k. They don’t receive a extra dollar from ppv sales.

Not really. ESPN will be heavily marketing whatever they are showing on ESPN at that time. ESPN really has no interest in whether the ppv sells 500k or 750k. They don’t receive a extra dollar from ppv sales.

According to @FrankieNYC they will recieve an extra dollar from the sales unless I misunderstood him?

Either way you hype up the big events and in theory you might keep a few of their eyes for attentional cards on ESPN

Last edited:
The wwe fans will be tuning in for this one I'm sure.

According to @FrankieNYC they will recieve an extra dollar from the sales unless I misunderstood him?

Either way you hype up thr big events and in theory you might keep a few of their eyes for attentional cards on ESPN

ESPN will be selling the PPV through ESPN+, so they will be hyping it with "available on ESPN+

They'll make sure it does over 1MM, even if they have to lie about it.

It's not like anyone has the official number anyway.

They'll make sure it does over 1MM, even if they have to lie about it.

It's not like anyone has the official number anyway.

Not true
Meltzer's numbers are proven to be almost identical to the actual numbers that UFC files officially

DMMMAJ.png

By then it will be covered exclusively by ESPN. I imagine they push the hell out of it and could see it getting 1.2 - 1.5 Million PPVs.
If they could add a couple super fights (TJ/DJ or push back Cyborg/Nunes a bit), maybe Stipe/Cain, Gus/Yoel at LHW, they could break the record, which I think is around 1.6 Million

I don't think it does 1.6m, but a million is a very safe bet
Brock & DC both look to be ready to go crazy with promotion

ESPN will be all over this

This will most likely be the last big payday for both

I think it would do a million. to me jones/brock is a bigger fight though. could prolly eclipse that number by 200-300k

Jones vs Brock, with trash talk, and a belt on the line. Does over 1.5 easily

I don't think it does 1.6m, but a million is a very safe bet
Brock & DC both look to be ready to go crazy with promotion

ESPN will be all over this

This will most likely be the last big payday for both

Just a question. If Brock beats DC, in impressive fashion, and calls out Jones. And they fight next summer for the HW belt. How many PPV buys do you think that does?

Just a question. If Brock beats DC, in impressive fashion, and calls out Jones. And they fight next summer for the HW belt. How many PPV buys do you think that does?

That can do 1.5m if both promote (at least 1.2m)

The obvious key is promoting

We saw the lack of it with Stipe/DC & less than expected numbers
We saw Bisping/GSP do it & do about 900k

Brock is a bigger draw than GSP & DC bigger than Bisping.
Plus its a safe bet that what they did in the Octagon is only the beginning.

600k to upwards of a million if it's on a super stacked cards. It's a compelling fight. DCs stock is at an all time high after dethroning the ufc hw goat, and Brock is a polarizing figure that is a draw everywhere he goes.

The crowd marked the fuck out for that scripted in cage beef after DCs win. People will tune in to see if DC can continue to be the giant slayer, or if Brock can regain the title nearly a decade after he lost it. The story for this fight sells itself.

Back