how long is a strength and conditioning training should we do in a session

rizky

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've seen the pro mma fighter strength and conditioning coach said it must be like 40 minutes to 1.5 hours. But why the olympic athlete (boxer or taekwondo) do it 3 hours per session?

What do you think?

And how often we should do body hardening? Like train to take a leg kick or body shot? How many times a week?

3h probably includes both skill work, sparring, etc + S&C. I would say, the shorter it is, the more intense. Look at it similar to HIIT vs LISS running.

I'm not a fan of "body hardening", I got conditioned over time. Throughout exp. from competing, camps, etc. There was no drills or sessions where I purposely allowed partners to tee me off so I can be "conditioned"

3h probably includes both skill work, sparring, etc + S&C. I would say, the shorter it is, the more intense. Look at it similar to HIIT vs LISS running.

I'm not a fan of "body hardening", I got conditioned over time. Throughout exp. from competing, camps, etc. There was no drills or sessions where I purposely allowed partners to tee me off so I can be "conditioned"
3 hours for pure strength and conditioning in the gym

Session length will vary with the athletes endurance and tolerance to volume, the event you're training for, and the purpose of the session. Real world people also have to take into account just when they'll have time to train, budget, etc

It depends on how you schedule your S&C. If you're hitting 3-4 hours each session, you might be better off training twice a day. Don't bother with hardening drills, you should be getting that directly and indirectly through your MA trg.

I've seen the pro mma fighter strength and conditioning coach said it must be like 40 minutes to 1.5 hours. But why the olympic athlete (boxer or taekwondo) do it 3 hours per session?

What do you think?

I've had workouts go anywhere from half an hour to 2 and a half hours plus. It depends on what you're doing, and why. You can't know anything about a workout based on the length of time alone, it tells you nothing.

And how often we should do body hardening? Like train to take a leg kick or body shot? How many times a week?

Pretty much never. I think with body shots you can incorporate conditioning into your other core work, but it's not like you need to do it every day.

Other "body hardening" shit I write off completely. You'll get conditioned to it through regular sparring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back