How long do you keep boxes?

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
For example, I bought a new Jack two weeks ago. I figure I should keep the box at least a month just in case something goes wrong with it so that I can return it without a hassle.

However, I'm cleaning out my attic and there are boxes in there from things that we bought 5 years ago. Obviously that's way too long, but what's the optimal box keeping time window?

The only boxes I keep are computer boxes and I generally keep them for one year.

A new Jack??? I have no idea what you're talking about. Jack Daniel's??

It depends what you bought I guess, some things I like to keep it in the box and others I just throw it away asap. No special rules for this.

Gun boxes for as long as I own the guns. Other boxes I discard immediately when I use the contents. I order things on Amazon and Walmart and neither is very efficient with packaging. I often get orders in 3 or more boxes that could easily fit in one. I have more cardboard to recycle than garbage.

Till I sell what ever was in them.

I never keep them, unless there's a gift giving occasion coming up and I might use them for that .

I am married so apparently I keep boxes for a long time

A new Jack??? I have no idea what you're talking about. Jack Daniel's??

It depends what you bought I guess, some things I like to keep it in the box and others I just throw it away asap. No special rules for this.
The lifty tool for when you have to change the round things on your car

If it's past the warranty date, probably ok to recycle the box since you probably ain't going to need it to ship the thing back for warranty service.

For some stuff, I want to frame the box to display the nice artwork.

I usually keep around a few in case I decide to sell something on eBay.

I keep boxes for the period of warranty

You should def keep a new jack in the box at all times unless your board

I keep my boxes from Amazon for my cat. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

74f23d164adfc83f21391e49f76d6d78--little-boxes-small-boxes.jpg

30 seconds after I open it. I hate clutter, and things like a box I can always get down the road if need be.

depends on the item

a few days/week/or till the warranty finishes

No longer than the warranty, if that. Unless boxes add to the resale/collector value.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back